If you had to post a sign ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Dolby, Oct 15, 2002.

1. John Dolby

John Dolby Auditioning

I think I am going to post a sign in my video store about DVD handling and care, info about oar, ps and any other message I can get accross to my members about this format.
    I constantly tell people to please handle gently. I have tons of scratched, unwatchable discs laying about.
    Do you want that in VHS or DVD? Many older folks look at me strangely and say "I want it on VIDEO." (SIGH!)
    I'am sure everyone here has rented a movie in a video store. As DVD connoisseur's, here is your chance to spout off at video stores and the DVD's they are renting to you.
    Remember, it's not the store's fault that Joe Bob used "Deliverance" as a coaster for his Bud.
    Any ideas on what I should include in an all incompassing sign? (other than you damage it you bought it)
    Thanks
    John[​IMG]

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

DVD offers the best video quality and can be viewed many times without wear. DVD also offers many viewing choices with multiple languages.

DVD discs are not invulnerable. They can break, scratch, and even melt. Please handle the disc by the edges and remove the disc carefully from the packaging/hub.

Movies on DVD are generally presented in the original intended aspect ratio. If you see black bars, they are supposed to be there. Think about it, its a rectangle trying to fit in a square.

Thank you

But no sign in the world is going to get some "older" folks to switch to DVD. Some of them just don't see the use in DVD, CD, or even a computer.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

There used to be a place in Sacramento that rented laserdiscs that had a sign saying "Please treat our lasers as you would yours! Thank you"

4. Tim Raffey

Tim Raffey Stunt Coordinator