What's new

If you could turn back the clock... (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
what point in your life would you restart at? If this thread has been presented before, please let one of the administrators know to close this thread off.
For me
- my return trip from Thailand in 1990-1991
I would've taken up more sports and kept my damn mouth shut. End of story.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
My DVD Collection

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd pretty much have to start over from birth! :)
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Never. No way. I like my life the way it is now, and it's better than at any time before. I've had some fun and beautiful girlfriends, but I don't want any of them back. I can't imagine how the next one could help but be easier to get along with than the last one.
I suppose I wouldn't have screwed up a lot of things in my youth if I knew then what I know now, but hell, I learned a lot from it all, and I'm a better person for it.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
If I had the knowledge I have now, I'd start again at age six. I would be a world renowned (fake psychic) and the dirtiest minded child in the world. (I'd be a Mini Me of me!)
In 1970 I would introduce myself to Steve Christou's parents and convince them of the necessity of enrolling him in a Buddhist Monastery where he would be trained to be a monk. (He'd really like wearing those orange robes!)
In 1995 I would open an Internet site called the Home Theater Forum. It would be moderated by retired Las Vegas stripers (nothing personal guys) and we would have an additional area called "The Locker Room" where vulgar language and sexual content are permitted. (Those easily offended would be warned not to enter and not to bother to complain about what was said should they visit the area.)
If I could not have my current knowledge I would just go back to last night at about 7pm so I could have sex with my wife twice in one night!
crazy.gif

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would go back to my high school days because I am so different now compared to back then, things would turn out very differently.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I would go back to the early days of the dot.com boom, buy stocks, and then sell them right before the crash.
I would go back to the early-mid 80s and buy as many shares of Microsoft as I could afford.
I would go back to the 60s/70s or so and buy a big house on a big plot of land (using my 21st century funds) and be set for life now.
And (I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one) I would go back to Sept. 10th and warned the FBI, CIA, airports etc. about what was going to happen the following day.
And last but not least... I would know better than to buy that '94 Ford Taurus... I'd be over $20K richer now had I not made THAT mistake! :)
KJP

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
If I could turn the clock back I would stop Eric Scott from convincing my parents of enrolling me in a Buddhist Monastery, than take his barely conscious body to the Island of Lesbos, where he would discover his true destiny and rule the island with whip and prod. :)
Or maybe go back to that fateful day in April 2000 when I first joined the HTF, and join as Thedric Thamthon, the lithping thtutterer of Thithily, but I don't think i'd be able to keep that up for more than a few posts, before the protests come in, and I'm out.
POTHTED BY THTEVE'TH CLONED DOPPELGANGER, THEDRIC THAMTHON.
[Edited last by Steve Christou on October 09, 2001 at 10:57 AM]

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'd go back to 1992 and the month before my trip to Mexico.
Long sad story :)
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Dunno, perhaps as a 8-9 year old and get more into bike racing or table tennis...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Id like to start over from 16. I would do alot of things differently.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I might go back to after I graduated college and I had my first fulltime job. I would save most of the money I made before leaving home.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I would go back to August 10, 1998 and prevent myself from having brain surgery. I would than go back to before 9/11 and warn everyone of the impending attacks.
------------------
-Keith-

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Jay H; table tennis ... I'd kick your butt :)
Brent L
as long as you have a tall ceiling an lots of room around the table.
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'd go back to August 30th, 2001 (aka the first day of school for me IIRC)... I would've done a lot of things differently (hey, I do a lot in a short period of time and maybe I wouldn't have fractured my arm :)).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I would go back to April 9, 1989--my 16th birthday. From that age, to age 22 were the best years of my life. Knowing what I know now and the way I've changed since then, it would only make the experience that much better.
Time has become my worst enemy (I'm going through a difficult time in my life) thinking back on my best days really does make me sad.
frown.gif

------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493
[Edited last by Tom_G on October 10, 2001 at 06:20 PM]

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I would never have slept with her nearly four years ago...
--
Holadem - Don't sleep with your friends.

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
I read a funny story a while back where an interviewer asked Bruce Willis pretty much the same thing, "If you could go back to any point in time, big bang, birth of Christ, see the dinosaurs, anything; where would you go and what would you do?"
Bruce said he would go back to 1989 and tell himself not to do Hudson Hawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks