1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

If You Could Start Over, What Would You Change?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Walther, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Paul Walther

Paul Walther Agent

Alright, I admit it- it seems like a slow day at the forum, so how about a topic starter that some of the newbies might get something out of (i.e., learn from our mistakes). If you could start over again, what you you do differently concerning your home theatre display? Some possibilities-
    Would you have gotten that ISF job done or saved the money?
    Different size set than you thought was "just right"?
    Different manufacturer than you initially were so excited about?
    16:9 rather than your 4:3 (or vice-versa)?
    A tweak you wish you'd never attempted (messed up your set)?
    Waited for a progressive DVD player (now that they're so affordable) to mate with our big screens?
    I've been asking myself this question, and keep coming up with one response- maybe I should have waited for this years new model line Toshibas, now that their 4:3 sets apparently)feature an automatic "squeeze" mode. My 55HX70 must be manually altered to do this.
    Anyone else willing to spill their guts?
    ------------------
    DocW

2. Joel Solid

Joel Solid Auditioning

Even though I love my TV (Sony 53 HS10). I would have liked to have a true 16x9 tv and not one with a 16x9 mode. Mark of a true Hometheater person and not some poser. [​IMG]
    Joel

3. Joseph Kim

Joseph Kim Agent

buying my pioneer elite dv-37. the chroma bug in this machine is horrible. another one is wiping down the protective screen on my 40x81. left a bunch of swirl marks, anyways, i replced it with a piece of glass, all is well now.
    joe