What's new

If You Could Own Anything You Wanted On DVD.. (1 Viewer)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Ron1973 said:
You read my mind! :D
Great, Ron!!!!!! Here is hoping that whatever held up S3's release will someday be resolved so the job of making the entire series a reality on at least DVD comes to pass!!!! Thanks!!! :D

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
If you are talking about programmes that still exist my list would be -1. Mr. Ed final season2. The Defenders (original series)3. My world and welcome to it.4. Nanny and the Professor5. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir6. Hart to Hart missing seasons.7. The Third Man8. Fantastic Journey9. Flipper season 310. Daktari seasons 3 and 4

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Tina_H_V said:
Great, Ron!!!!!! Here is hoping that whatever held up S3's release will someday be resolved so the job of making the entire series a reality on at least DVD comes to pass!!!! Thanks!!! :D
I subscribed to ESPN Classic for a while in hopes of catching it. I finally figured out I wasn't watching any of the episodes I recorded and cancelled my subscription.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Ron1973 said:
I subscribed to ESPN Classic for a while in hopes of catching it. I finally figured out I wasn't watching any of the episodes I recorded and cancelled my subscription.
Yes, I remember recording a few episodes ESPN Classic years ago prior to the DVD's coming to pass. It was a very big day when the DVD of S1 came out in November 2005. I still even have the page-length but 20% size ad taken out in the USA Today the week S1 was released. I cut the ad out of the paper and put it up on my wall at work originally, but when my office moved, I brought the ad home and placed it on the side of my fridge, where it remains tethered via a magnet to this day!!!!

I understand about ESPN Classic. I used to be so much into it, but then things changed and now, I no longer watch it. I managed to find a tape of old NFL Films highlights from the 1960s I recorded around the time TWS was being rerun and enjoyed watching them. I recorded things from ESPN Classic myself, but then things changed on the station and I lost interest in it. But not in TWS, though. I still have not yet seen ten of the episodes of S2 in the near-ten years since its March 2006 DVD release, in anticipation of S3, which was believed to be coming later that year...only that it never came and we're still waiting for it nearly eight years later this month!!!!! :angry: There was even a documentary advertised about the series due for S3 with the surviving notables of the TWS which made it something to look forward to. :( I hold out hope that S3 will finally come to pass--as well as the complete, unedited, syndicated edition of The Offer, one of the earlier episodes of the series from S1. Maybe if there is a TCS of TWS, that can happen, perhaps??? We'll see... :)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I have fond memories of watching it with my dad on network TV when it came on. He was a huge fan at the time though I'm not sure if he would have any interest in the show now.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I have fond memories of watching it with my dad on network TV when it came on. He was a huge fan at the time though I'm not sure if he would have any interest in the show now.
Why not???? I caught on to the show back in 1978 before everyone else in my family did. Once it debuted on CBS-TV, I never looked back!!!!! :)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I might as well add the lost Dark Shadows Episode #1219 (originally aired February 25, 1971). The original color tape is lost (but as I always say, 'what is lost can be found'), and by then ABC had stopped making backup kinescopes. Fortunately a fan made an off-air audio tape recording which was used for a reconstructed version of #1219 for syndication and home video. The closing scene from #1218 (which was repeated to open #1219) was used, along with actress Lara Parker recording the opening narration from the surviving script, Also, #1219's closing scene was also the opening scene for the extant #1220, so that scene was also used for the reconstruction. For the rest of the new version of #1219, still images of the characters from surrounding episodes were used to fill in the missing video and to go with the surviving audio (much like with the restorations of films like the 1937 Lost Horizon and the 1954 A Star is Born). New closing credits were made based on the inforrmation from the script (writer/director/actors) along with regular crew credits for the show at that time. Out of 1225 episodes made, this is the only 'lost' episode!!!!

It's still pretty amazing that a soap opera from that era is more or less complete, but I still hold out hope that the master tape for #1219 is in a vault somewhere.......

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
I would choose westerns all the way--Hotel de Pare; Wichita Town; The Californians and Tales of Wells Fargo seasons 3-5.

Does anyone remember either Jefferson Drum or The Wrangler (Jason Evers)? I barely remember Wrangler but I've never seen an episode of Jefferson Drum. Has anyone seen an episode of either in the last 50 years?

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
I would choose westerns all the way--Hotel de Pare; Wichita Town; The Californians and Tales of Wells Fargo seasons 3-5. Does anyone remember either Jefferson Drum or The Wrangler (Jason Evers)? I barely remember Wrangler but I've never seen an episode of Jefferson Drum. Has anyone seen an episode of either in the last 50 years?
Sounds good to me ! I would add 'The Alaskans''Boots & Saddles''Broken Arrow' 'The Californians''Dundee & Culhane' 'Gunslinger''Legend of Jesse James' 'Man from Blackhawk''Man Without a Gun''The Outcasts'Two Faces West''Union Pacific'as other westerns mostly forgotten & almost certainly never likely to surface on DVD sadly. Have a couple of episodes of 'Jefferson Drum' - pretty good western.Don't get me startedon all the old forgotten detective shows !

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Walter Kittel said:
+1. As Dave pointed out, finding the time can be a chore in and of itself.

A few that come to mind include::

Laugh-In
The Flip Wilson Show
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
Dean Martin Variety Show

These would be complete sets, not edited, or "best of" sets.

Variety shows tend to have more re-watch potential for me because as the name implies, they have more variety. :)

- Walter.
I would definitely like the complete Smothers Brothers and Laugh-In, along with a complete SCTV, and, of course, Batman (which finally seems to be coming). As for Dean Martin, I'd just like a complete collection of the "who's behind the closet door" segments.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Silverking said:
Sounds good to me ! I would add 'The Alaskans''Boots & Saddles''Broken Arrow' 'The Californians''Dundee & Culhane' 'Gunslinger''Legend of Jesse James' 'Man from Blackhawk''Man Without a Gun''The Outcasts'Two Faces West''Union Pacific'as other westerns mostly forgotten & almost certainly never likely to surface on DVD sadly. Have a couple of episodes of 'Jefferson Drum' - pretty good western.Don't get me startedon all the old forgotten detective shows !
I"d add The Americans , Gray Ghost , Casey Jones , Boots And Saddle , Black Saddle ,Buckskin.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Silverking said:
I can get you started on a few of those old detective shows.
Johnny Midnight (Edmond O'Brien)
The Case of the Dangerous Robin (Rick Jason)
The Brothers Branigan (Steve Dunne, Mark Roberts)
Not For Hire (Ralph Meeker)
The Detectives (Robert Taylor)
Dante (Howard Duff)
And I could dig up more!

mmyers

Agent
Real Name
mike myers
A few more detective shows that would be great to have on DVD:

Meet McGraw
Phillip Marlowe
City Detective
Official Detective

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
I'd love the first season of "The Adventures of Superman" (George Reeves/Phyllis Coates) complete with next week's previews at the end of each episode. I'm easy to please. :)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Another show to consider: the first reality show- An American Family
Before the Kardashians, there were the Louds!

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Well I am getting my most coveted series finally--Batman with Adam West. But here is my list. I am not including finishing seasons of series I already started to collect because that would be too lenghty.

1) Green Hornet
2) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
3) It's About Time
4) The Space Giants
5) Spectreman

Animated: Not necessary in this order:
1) The New Adventurs of Huck Finn
2) The Adventures of Gulliver
3) The Banana Splits
4) The Beatles cartoon
5) The Partrige Family 2200 AD
6) The Brady Kids
7) Johnny Cipher in Dimension Zero
8) Prince Planet
9) Emergency 4+1
10) A comprehensive release of all the New Scooby Doo Movies

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Remember WENN.

The search functions reveals Remember WENN has been mentioned in 12 (other) threads, but not (yet) this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks