What's new

If You Could Own Anything You Wanted On DVD.. (1 Viewer)

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Any of the following could be my 5
The whole MTV2 A-Z marathon from January 1-April 10 2000.
Remaining Littlest Hobo episodes
Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr show complete episodes

Any national/regional music videos shows/programs from early 1980s (BET, Video Jukebox, Odyssey network,
The New Show complete
SCTV complete
Commercial/PSA from the 1970s showing a man reaching for a cigarette and him falling down a trapdoor (aired on CBS Channel 10 in Philadelphia_
H.U.D. (2000)
British commercials
Flip Wilson show complete
Room 222 complete
Electric Company (1970s) with lap skit

Tooncy

Second Unit
Darby67 said:
A few more tv shows and films I would love to see released:

The Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel (all 18 episodes)

The Adventures of Sir Lancelot (all 30 episodes) [The Timeless release is OOP]

The Adventures of William Tell (all 39 episodes)

The Buccaneers (all 39 episodes) [The Mill Creek release is OOP}

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (all 3 seasons)

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (seasons 6 and 7 on pressed discs)

Amazing Stories (The Complete Second Season)

The Avengers (Complete Series)
The Prince and the Pauper (both the three 50-minute television episodes from the Disneyland TV show titled The Pauper King, The Merciful Law of the King, and Long Live the Rightful King and the 93-minute theatrical release)

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934) starring Leslie Howard

Cliffhangers! (all 11 total episodes including the one that did not air in the US)

The Defender (two-part drama that aired on the Studio One anthology show) [the Video Service Corp. release is OOP]

The Defenders (all 132 episodes)

The following 8 “missing” Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo Show in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]The Curse of Viking Lake
[*]Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats
[*]Hang in There, Scooby-Doo
[*]The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller
[*]The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race
[*]The Ozark Witch Switch
[*]Creepy Cruise
[*]The Creepy Heap from the Deep
[/list]The following 4 “missing” Dynomutt episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (these 4 episodes were renamed The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt) in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:
[*]Beastwoman Parts 1 and 2
[*]The Glob Parts 1 and 2
[*]Madame Ape Face Parts 1 and 2
[*]Shadowman Parts 1 and 2
[/list]Song of the South

Darby

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Tooncy said:
I thought The Avengers was already out on DVD a long time ago?
As far as I know, while some individual seasons are available in Region 1, the complete series ("complete" being a relative term since the videotapes from seasons 1, 2 and 3 were wiped) is not available in Region 1. The closest to a complete series release on DVD is The Complete Avengers 50th Anniversary Edition released by Optimum Entertainment in Region 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Avengers-50th-Anniversary-DVD/dp/B00485D7WQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392862685&sr=1-3&keywords=the+avengers+tv+series

Darby

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
1. Concentration (Hugh Downs)
2. Jeopardy! (Art Fleming)
3. Dotto
4. As the World Turns (especially 70s run)
5. Guiding Light (especially late 1970s to early 1980s)
6. Turn On
7. Tammy Grimes Show
8. You're in the Picture
9. Hollywood: A Celebration of the American Silent Film
10.G.E. College Bowl
11. Watergate Hearings

Lots more to list, including many already mentioned.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
The Avengers was released years ago, but is now oop and costs a small fortune. All three seasons with Mrs. Peel was recently released at a reasonable price.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I purchased The Avengers The Complete Emma Peel Megaset released by Lionsgate and the shows are terrific (the packaging, on the other hand, is horrible). Even though it's a long shot, I'm still hoping for a Region 1 of The Complete Avengers 50th Anniversary Edition.

Darby

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
ABC Weekend Specials (complete with opening/closing/bumpers/vintage commercials from the time they aired)
ABC After School Specials
You Can't do that on TV, including the show that preceded it (can't remember the title)
Wonder Years (w/ all the music)
Johnny Carson
SNL/Fridays/SCTV
Sid & Marty Krofft complete library
Filmation complete library of live action/animation, in fact all the cartoons from the 60s, 70s and 80s of my youth
All the Japanese monster shows not already out, like Space Giants and Spectre Man
Mister Rogers Neighborhood (on DVD, not steaming)

so many more...

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I can think of some obscure anthology shows from Four Star still in the Fox purgatory.Henry Fonda Presents The Star and The StoryThe David Niven ShowThe DuPont Show Starring June AllysonMaybe the last one that might have a chance if Shout/Timeless can release it on DVD.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The Tim Conway Show (1970), all 13 episodes with Tim Conway and Joe Flynn

Future Cop (1976-77), starring Ernest Borgnine and John Amos, all 13 episodes, the pilot movie and the 1978 tv movie sequel.

Legend In Granite (1973) starring Ernest Borgnine as Vince Lombardi -- more a tv special than a tv movie, part of a past series that had a brief revival at the time "Profile"

All four Gilligan's Island movie sequels - 1978, 1979, 1981 and 2001 - and the two Filmation cartoon shows all officially released as part of a 50th Anniversary series behemoth boxset.....on bluray.

The Jackie Gleason Show - American Scene Magazine complete -- including all of Frank Fontaine's musical performances.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Here we go again.....this is my list to be released on DVD (SOONER THE BETTER!!!!):

1.) "Knots Landing" (Seasons 3-14)
2.) "The Drew Carey Show" (Seasons 2-9)
3.) "Rhoda" (One season yet to be released.....Season 5)
4.) "WKRP in Cinncinnati" (Complete series (4 Seasons) with music intact.
5.) "Coach" (Seasons 5-9)
6.) "Angie" (2 seasons only)
7.) "Phyllis" (2 seasons only)
8.) "Bette" (1 Season....short-lived Bette Midler series)
9.) "Our Miss Brooks" (don't recall how many seasons, but loved this old show and have been hearing rumours this one might happen in the very near future on DVD).

10.).....The only one on my list that is going to be released in the 2014 year (and hopefully stays true)...."Batman" (1966-68 series....All 3 seasons.

AS FOR BLU-RAY releases.....would love to see a couple of old shows release in this format:

1.) "The Sopranos" (Complete Series)......don't know what the hold-up is on this series....it's still very popular...come on HBO.....wake up!!!
2.) "I Love Lucy" (Complete Series)......I know Season 1 is on the release schedule for May 2014, but very dissappointed it's not a COMPLETE Series......debating on this one for now.....don't want to get too invested in it for the studio to either stop producing Blu-Ray sets (due to lack of sales on season 1) or pay a fortune on individual releases which will eventually come in a complete series with some sort of bonus disc......I hate when that happens!!!!
3.) "Everybody Loves Raymond" (Completes Series)
4.) "Seinfeld" (Complete Series)
5.) "Will & Grace" (Complete Series)
6.) "Queer As Folk" (Complete Series)
7.).......and with the release of "Batman" (1966-68) series on DVD....hopefully there will be a BLU-Ray Version

8.).......and very happy to know that "THE HONEYMOONERS: CLASSIC 39 Episodes" will be released on Blu-Ray in May 2014 with a ton of great bonus features!!!

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
These are my choices as follows:

UNRELEASED

Ball Four (CBS, 1976)
The Hoop Life (Showtime, 1999-2000)
Linc's (Showtime, 1998-2000)
Love On A Rooftop (ABC, 1966-1967)
ABC Stage 67 (1966-1967)
The Jacksons (CBS, 1976-1977)
Roc (Fox, 1991-1994)
Me and The Boys (ABC, 1994-1995)
Dan August (ABC, 1970-1971)
Buddy Faro (CBS, 1998)
The New People (ABC, 1969-1970)

RELEASED BUT INCOMPLETE

Peyton Place in its entirety
Room 222 in its entirety
Love, American Style in its entirety
The White Shadow in its entirety
The Nanny in its entirety
A Different World in its entirety
The Steve Harvey Show in its entirety
Sgt. Bilko in its entirety

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
Donny and Marie complete seriesHong Kong 1960,61Disneyland and Wonderful World of Color-completeBuckskinNational Velvet complete series

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks