What's new

If you could live anywhere in TV on DVD Land... (2 Viewers)

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Rob_Ray said:
There are two Hootervilles: the mad Hooterville of Green Acres and the gentle, bucolic Hooterville of Petticoat Junction. I'll take the PJ Hooterville myself with a room at the Shady Rest.
I knew there was a reason that I never watched PJ....now I know. :)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Rob_Ray said:
There are two Hootervilles: the mad Hooterville of Green Acres and the gentle, bucolic Hooterville of Petticoat Junction. I'll take the PJ Hooterville myself with a room at the Shady Rest.
I tend to lean this way too. The Green Acres Hooterville would be okay to visit, but I'd prefer to live full time in the Petticoat Junction Hooterville that's not quite as wacky. Still plenty of fun, just not out and out insane. But to each his own.

As for the plumbing with the West train coach, I don't know what to say. But I'm sure some solution could be found, Glen. :lol:

Gary "what about Bud & Lou's room in Mr Field's boarding house? Seems like a neat place with plenty of laughs" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Shatner's Grim Reaper said:
There you go again Gary using psychology. Now what is my therapist's number???....another issue to add. :)
No offense intended, and no attempt to use psychology, my friend. Just expressing my opinion, which I can assure you is far more wacky and insane that anything that ever happened in GA Hooterville. Anyone who knows me would tell you that. :lol:

Gary "I'd go crazy if I weren't insane" O.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Now I'm thinking about living on the main street of Peyton Place--in the apartment shared by Rodney & Norman Harrington, and later by Norman & Rita Jacks, after their marriage. You can walk down the outside staircase to the drugstore to get a cup of coffee and a sandwich, or go more upscale at the Peyton Place Inn, where you can get a better meal and a martini. On a chilly day, there's the hot apple cider shack down on the dock, and you can grab a beer at Ida Jack's tavern, or go to the Shoreline cafe where the teens hang out.

However, the main town employer is the mill, which doesn't appeal to me that much, but there might be some good jobs at the college. I think the newspaper is sort of a one-man show.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Well I would be happy to live in the Nelson home where I can stroll down to the Malt Shop and shop at the Emporium whenever. Plus there's the bowling alley, barber shop, and the drug store (although that store seems to come and go).

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Well almost anywhere that we saw in shows from the 50's and 60's. How about the Gotham City of Adam West's Batman? This is the complete opposide of the demented, bleak Gotham City of Tim Burton.

Everyone is so nice and polite and normally very law abiding. Even the criminals speak well with nice vocabularies, certainly nothing crude or vulgar. You always would know the criminals by their outrageous costumes. And even if you are abducted by some nefarious law breaker they will not shot or stab you. They will put you in some elaborate trap that you have a fair chance of escaping.

With great lines that would give Joe Friday pause. I think I remember something like Batman saying the constitution upholds that a man is innocent until proven guilty, and the constitution is the corner stone of our great nation, therefore we abide by it's laws.

Also I love this gem when Aunt Harriet was thought by Dick to be falling for the Great Chandell (Liberace). Bruce corrects him by saying, "Really Dick, I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is utterly...beyond....reproach".

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gary16 said:
Well I would be happy to live in the Nelson home where I can stroll down to the Malt Shop and shop at the Emporium whenever. Plus there's the bowling alley, barber shop, and the drug store (although that store seems to come and go).
Ugh! A pox on me for not mentioning the Nelson home and town! Great choice, Gary.

Gary "leave it to a guy named Gary to make such an astute observation" O. :lol:

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Ron1973 said:
I had a chance to catch MFM again a few months ago for the first time since I was a kid. Now I won't go so far as to say Mrs. Brown was a knockout but I never realized as a kid how pretty she actually was. I guess that's the difference in being 10 and almost 40! :D
I completely agree. Even though she's ditzy, she has a nice face with a big pair of eyes and a very nice figure with a big pair of... Did I mention her eyes?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Richard V said:
Easy, Twin Peaks, WA. Crazy good looking women, great forests, and of course, best cherry pie anywhere.
Probably the greatest number of beautiful women in total than any other TV show. Even the grandma, played by delicious Jane Greer, was hot.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Ever since i was a kid I wanted to be a Peanuts character. I think it would be so cool to hang out with Linus in the pumpkin patch waiting for the great pumpkin or going out with Charlie Brown and Linus to search for the perfect christmas tree for the christmas play. Not to mention walking around to some nice Vince Guaraldi music playing in the background. Another favorite town I'd like to live in is Summerfield from the Great Gilderleeve radio show ( although it was a tv show for a brief time). Other runner ups: Walnut Grove, towns from Father Knows Best, Donna Reed Show, and Dodge City (only if I could be as fast as Matt Dillion and couldn't die). Also NYC during the time of The Honeymooners.

Someone mentioned Hawaii Five-O. As a kid I wondered why people would want to live there since someone was always getting killed every week. It wasn't until Magnum P.I. that I had a more favorable view of Hawaii.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Having read across the board there's two locations (one general and one specific) that I would avoid.....but....I applaud those that:

chose a western TV setting.....but I'm too scared of guns and those who draw them to want to live there.

chose Collinwood....I'm terribly afraid of vampires, werewolves, witches, warlocks (especially the headless ones), phoenixes. zombies and ghosts. Trying to envision my house...with four burning crosses of eternal flame in each quadrant and on top of my house. Crucifixes designs for the windows....water fixtures....doors, door knobs and atop the toilet seat. Lots of garlic grown in the garden and always the scent of the day. A copy of the Holy Bible on every table top and shelf. Last but not least (REALLY showing how afraid I am) if all else fails..."The Munsters Today" playing 24 hours a day on TVs in every room.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
What a great topic!

My first choice would be the Addams Family home on Cemetery Ridge without question. And if the family was there all the better. They always seem to be doing something and they are super nice and polite.

I love the idea of hanging around the tunnels under Stalag 13. When I was a kid, I lived in a large brick house built in the 1920s - all lathe and plaster construction. There was a trap door in my closet that lead out under the eaves, like extra attic space. I used to pretend that it was one of the tunnels and spent a good bit of time in there. I had rugs on the floor and used the cross beams as bookshelves. It was really neat until I couldn't comfortably or easily get through the door.

The backstage of the Muppet Theater is a great idea. I'd love the future of the Jetsons, but only if I could have Rosie to take care of me.

I could also get on board with the WWW train. That was very cool.

Collinwood has always been another favorite, but I'm not sure I'd want to live there. It seems so bleak. The same goes for the Desmond estate on the Island of Maljardin on the series Strange Paradise. I don't think I'd like to be stuck on a private island.

The New York of the TV series version of Fame seemed pretty safe and friendly but I'm not sure I'd want to live in any of the dwellings they ever showed. But on the other hand an apartment on Sesame Street, maybe across the hall from Bert & Ernie would be cool.

Nick Knight's loft in Toronto on Forever Knight was very cool. I could definitely see myself there. And Ray Vecchio's family home in Chicago on Due South was a really nice place. The Convent San Tanco on The Flying Nun was really beautiful but I'm not really cut out for the religious life. ;)

I'm not really much of a small town person, but I could spend some time at Fitzgerald's Pub in Ballykissangel or in the town of Loch Dubh made safe by PC Hamish Macbeth.

The Cleaver's home in Mayfield has always reminded me of my grandparent's house. I loved staying with them because it was so different from my neighborhood.

I love the Monkees' Malibu beach house, it's very eclectic. My kind of place.

I wish that these were possible. If I ever won the lottery, I'd probably commission a house that was inspired by a movie or TV show.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Gosh Gary....you deserve to have a head swelled as big as the moon for the complements for thinking of and initiating this thread...well done. I think we've all enjoyed this one...tremendously.
claping%20hands.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Suzanne,It's funny you mention the lottery and Collinwood in this context. My eldest daughter has long said that if she ever won it, she would have a replica (based on sets and exterior shots) of The Old House constructed for herself. :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gosh Gary....you deserve to have a head swelled as big as the moon for the complements for thinking of and initiating this thread...well done. I think we've all enjoyed this one...tremendously.
claping%20hands.gif

I agree.
fygzh2.jpg
Gary It's an
a4r0uq.jpg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gosh Gary....you deserve to have a head swelled as big as the moon for the complements for thinking of and initiating this thread...well done.
To be honest, I think this is more akin to the idiom that says even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while. Plus, it's all you guys that make any thread a success with your participation, so my hat's off to all of you.

Gary "take care, friends" O.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I always wanted to live in the Petrie house on the Dick Van Dyke show and have a wife named Laura.
I did get the second one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks