- Dec 4, 2004
I stole this from my friend in another forum. (Who, had, in turn stolen it from another forum before that.) What you do is list a few of your favorite artists and then one thing you dislike about them. If you could improve one thing about them, what would it be? (And, let's be honest here, no one's perfect.)
As for me,
As for me,
- Beatles are my all time favorite hands down, but some of the experimental stuff they did in their mid-to-late career was just a little too out there for me. (Particularly George Harrison's material, but that's not to say songs like 'While My Guitar..." and "Something" aren't some of my flat-out favorites.)
- Matchbox Twenty make a huge deal out of each song, I'd like to hear just a humble little ditty from them that isn't blown into a large-scale production.
- Fountains of Wayne seem to have the opposite problem, all their songs are light-hearted and don't take themselves all too seriously. The most depressingly written song on the last album had lyrics complaining about a waitress taking too long to serve coffee.
- Jimmy Eat World can rock out hard and do some smooth ballads, but they don't spend enough time in the middle ground, where I feel where they sonically are the strongest.
- Barenaked Ladies' recent attempts at being the carefree band they were in the mid-to-late 90's is causing them to not sound carefree at all.
- U2 take themselves way too seriously, and I'm not a fan of how political they get.
- Aerosmith's sound is a little too formulaic in my opinion. It's a working formula, sure, but I'd like to hear something totally out of left field from them; I think they're capable of it.