What's new

If they WANTED to, COULD they make a back to the future 4? (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I would imagine any BTTF IV film, should they ever make it(and they WON'T), would focus on Jules and Verne, the sons of Doc Brown. It worked on the short-lived Saturday morning cartoon.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sure; it's not like any of the characters are dead or talent unavailable. Although (to me) it's an open question whether or not Robert Zemeckis still has a movie as fun and free-spirited as BTTF in him.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
theoretically possible since MJ Fox is still alive, as is Chris Lloyd. but Foz surely can't pass for a teenager today. if they do an updated story involving him as a middle-aged adult, it wouldn't be any fun at all.

might be more interesting if they just focus on Doc Brown and his misadventures in travelling through time, with a cameo by Fox where the Doc drops in on him in, say, 2003, to visit.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
If they found a way to resurect Ripley, they can definitely write a sequel for BTTF!

--
Holadem

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I don't think they can make a part IV, since at the end of part III it specifically SAYS: "The End."
Yeah, but look at the end of Part 1, never had "to be continued", they went back and put it in and had 2 sequels.

Seriously though, they shouldn't but they could always do completley different characters.

IDEA: Maybe sombody finds time machine plans, long after Doc Brown passes away, and builds one for their own benefit, problems arise..etc..etc..

EricW

Senior HTF Member
SKYNET sends a robot back in time to kill Doc Brown from inventing the Flux Capacitor... Doc Brown's own future daughters-in-law come back to protect him, and also to avenge/prevent the future deaths of their husbands/Doc's sons (Skynet wants to be the only time travel-capable entity of the future, you see).

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I don't remember where it was but in one of the Q&A's or commentaries on the discs the issue of a sequel was specifically addressed by Zemeckis and he said that Universal COULD do a sequel as they own rights to the title, but he and Bob Gale own the rights to the characters and a part IV couldn't include Marty or Doc without their involvement. He has no interest in doing any further sequels.

I agree with him, there's nowhere for the story to go that wouldn't be a rehash.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Leave BTTF alone and don't make any more. Please. Further attempts to cash in on this unique series will only sully the original.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I think Fox sure could pass for a teenaged Marty. He's so youthful. Unfortunately, with Parkinson's disease he has very poor motor skills. He is constantly rocking back and forth in his seat, and it's saddening to see him try and walk.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Could they? Of course, cheezy scripts and bad sequels are a piece of cake. Would it be a good idea? Hell no.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
It seems Michael J. Fox has recently been talking about a Part IV. Being a HUGE fan of the trilogy, I'm interested albeit very skeptical. From http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-12-21/#3
"Michael J. Fox is heading Back To The Future for a fourth time-traveling movie. The actor, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, admits he's in negotiations for a final film in the series - but only if they make his character as old as he is in real life. The former Spin City star wants to take over Christopher Lloyd's eccentric scientist character, Doc, in the sequel. He tells movie website Moviehole.net, "The only way it would work would be if I played Doc. I'm 44-years-old now and I'm not interested in running around on skateboards! I think after 1, 2 and 3 we all kind of felt we had done it. And I think if they did it again now they would do it with a younger cast and just do a different realisation of it, which would be fun." "

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks