What's new

If these petitions really work we should start thm for... (1 Viewer)

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
Scarface Untimate
Pulp Fiction Vista Series
Jackie Brown Collector Series
Goodfellas Special Edition
and all the other we need and want.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
No need to for Scarface, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.
The orignal version of Scarface has already been discontinued, so it is likely a new version already in the works.
Disney has been kicking around (working on) SE's for Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown for over two years, but think the ball is in Tarantino's court now.
As for Goodfellas... who knows.
Daniel L

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
If these petitions really work ...
That's an exceptionally big IF. Maybe for the odd issue they may have some effect - like P&S Wonka - but as has been said several times recently, if people start a petition for anything they can think of the impact of such action is diminished greatly.
You'd be much better off writing a letter to the studio involved.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Internet petitions don't work for one simple reason: they're easily forgeable. How long would it take me to generate a list of 10,000 e-mail addresses and names of people who think that Star Wars should NEVER be released on DVD? A half-hour? An hour? All I need is a list of first names, last names, some e-mail addresses.... heck, you could write a program to go and grab real ones off the 'net in an hour. Why should a studio or any company lend credence to something that can be so easily faked?
The idea of a petition is almost as silly as the e-mail lists that go around asking you to sign the petition against the e-mail surcharge.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I think we should start a petition for everything. In other words, petition Fox, Columbia, Disney, MGM, Warner and whoever, to put everything out right now. This way, we only have to deal with one letter per studio and then we're done with petitions forever!
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Put everything out now - that was great! At least give us the schedule for everything that they have planned.
Glenn

Kevin P

Screenwriter
In other words, petition Fox, Columbia, Disney, MGM, Warner and whoever, to put everything out right now.
Don't forget to add the OAR clause, otherwise we might get what we asked for... MARred!
eek.gif
wink.gif

KJP

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Petitions arise out of a sense of passion for the subject at hand. DIVX and Willy Wonka are two examples of subjects that absolutely aroused the passion of the HT community, and it shows through in the threads, and no doubt on the call boards at WB.
Petitions can also work against you when one is started for everything; we start to come accross like left-wing nut cases that make issues of everything and thus begin to sound shrill and stupid.
The Willy Wonka issue WILL be resolved in our favor because of the latent intensity that pervades the topic. I doubt that Pulp Fiction elicits the same emotive power. Mind you...try releasing the Indy trilogy in pan'n scan!!
Bottom line: petitions need to be used with careful consideration or they lose their effect.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
No more petitions for now!
Not even the "We, the undersigned believe AOL-Time Warner should purchase a new server for our forum and give our moderators fat stock option packages" petition? I guess I'll stop prepping it. I doubt they would buy my reasoning about the undue strain on the current server & moderators their recent full frame announcements have caused anyway.
wink.gif

Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread