If these petitions really work we should start thm for...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gilbert Galindo, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

Scarface Untimate
    Pulp Fiction Vista Series
    Jackie Brown Collector Series
    Goodfellas Special Edition
    and all the other we need and want.

2. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

No need to for Scarface, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.
    The orignal version of Scarface has already been discontinued, so it is likely a new version already in the works.
    Disney has been kicking around (working on) SE's for Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown for over two years, but think the ball is in Tarantino's court now.
    As for Goodfellas... who knows.
    Daniel L

3. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Internet petitions don't work for one simple reason: they're easily forgeable. How long would it take me to generate a list of 10,000 e-mail addresses and names of people who think that Star Wars should NEVER be released on DVD? A half-hour? An hour? All I need is a list of first names, last names, some e-mail addresses.... heck, you could write a program to go and grab real ones off the 'net in an hour. Why should a studio or any company lend credence to something that can be so easily faked?
    The idea of a petition is almost as silly as the e-mail lists that go around asking you to sign the petition against the e-mail surcharge.

5. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I think we should start a petition for everything. In other words, petition Fox, Columbia, Disney, MGM, Warner and whoever, to put everything out right now. This way, we only have to deal with one letter per studio and then we're done with petitions forever!
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

6. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Put everything out now - that was great! At least give us the schedule for everything that they have planned.
    Glenn

7. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

8. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

Petitions arise out of a sense of passion for the subject at hand. DIVX and Willy Wonka are two examples of subjects that absolutely aroused the passion of the HT community, and it shows through in the threads, and no doubt on the call boards at WB.
    Petitions can also work against you when one is started for everything; we start to come accross like left-wing nut cases that make issues of everything and thus begin to sound shrill and stupid.
    The Willy Wonka issue WILL be resolved in our favor because of the latent intensity that pervades the topic. I doubt that Pulp Fiction elicits the same emotive power. Mind you...try releasing the Indy trilogy in pan'n scan!!
    Bottom line: petitions need to be used with careful consideration or they lose their effect.

9. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    No more petitions for now! Please. But do sign those already available, if you haven't already!

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden

11. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I know. We could start one up for TPM now, and just leave the problem out until it comes out. [​IMG]
    Glenn