What's new

if there was no more new tv/films? (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Regulus said:
On the other hand, I like "The thrill of the chase" You never know what you'll find when you visit each sale.
That was my main motivation too many years ago. These days, not such much anymore.

No idea why I no longer feel that "thrill of the chase" thing. (These days for some reason, it feels more like a "chore" to me than anything thrilling and exciting).

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Regulus said:
On the other hand, I like "The thrill of the chase" You never know what you'll find when you visit each sale. Sometimes I'l spend two days and find nothing that tickles you're fancy, other times I'll be heading home (On my Motor Scooter) with both the storage compartment and my "Milk Carton" basket stuffed to the gills with DVDs and VHS and holding a box full of even more goodies between my knees. When you're hot you're hot, when you're not you're not! :biggrin:
So true, Jerry Reed, err, Regulus! :D I love making the rounds of the different thrift stores every few weekends because you never know what you'll find. I never usually find too much in the way of movies but I constantly find LP's and 8-tracks! Since it's usually all donated stuff you'll never know what you'll find. I found an almost mint Glen Campbell 8-track that was a RCA Record Club pressing (the RCA carts are much better) for $1 a couple of weekends ago.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I enjoy going to the movies, but it wouldn't bother me if they stopped making television shows. As for whether I'd have enough, no, there are still more classic shows I want but don't have.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I stopped my cable and satellite back in 2006 and have never had any remorse. There are still DVDs I bought that year that remained unopened as well! So I definitely would not care if Hollywood TV and movie production came to an indefinite standstill.

I have a lot of product to keep me entertained for years to come as well as unseen vintage things that come recommended from Amazon and various blogs I read.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
AndyMcKinney said:
Watch it. You're really missing out! I like shows from all decades and I feel that Raymond is a contemporary classic.
So interesting. You can never predict what shows someone will like or dislike. Years ago I thought it was safe saying Catdog was the worst cartoon ever made and people responded who loved it. I found it incredulous but it was instructive.

Personally. I was not a fan of Everyone Loves Raymond. But I think the only reason was Patricia Heaton's insufferable, annoying, and mean role as Debra. Most men I know would be driven to violence if that was their wife.

I know Ray plays the dumb, lazy, insensitive male. I get it. It is a classic clique that goes back to the Honeymooners and the cartoon version--The Flintstones. Home Improvement, According to Jim, etc. The formula: Man bad, Woman good, Man dumb, Woman smart, Woman must put up with dumb, lazy, insensitive man creature.

In recent years that mold has been broken by other shows, i.e. King of Queens. Leah Remini's character was just as broken as Doug, her husband. She was very flawed and it was very refreshing. Interesting, The Middle has Patricia Heaton in a role where she is clearly flawed and I think people like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks