What's new

If the security detector at the store beeps on your way out ... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:confused: not sure what means ... but if you've owned your own business, and a sensor went off ... it sounds to me like you'd let that customer skate out the door.

you clearly have your stance on this issue, so we'll just leave it at that.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I was once walking through a mall with my backpack on, and the exit sensor started screeching as I went to push open the door.

The security guards came running and we opened up the backpack (which contained some notebooks and a flannel jacket and some pencils) and we tried it again... no luck. Pushing out the backpack through the sensor just made it beep again.

The guards were now just scratching their heads (I noticed they started treating me with a lot more respect at this point). So I tried opening one of the smaller pockets and finally found it: a tiny, bend adhesive sticker, the kind you peel off inside DVD cases. Whichever DVD I peeled it off had never been de-magnetized, and it had fallen into the pocket.

Shoplifters ruin it for the rest of us. And don't even get me started on the Best Buy kids. A teenaged cashier once tried to de-magnetize a box set I'd just purchased by rubbing it harshly against the edge of the counter (she was busy blabbing to a co-worker), and tore the edges of the box. When I asked for a replacement she looked at me like I was completely insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks