What's new

If ISF is 100%, then ... (1 Viewer)

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
I'm still putting together my HT system. All I need for now is a good RPTV. I've been doing the research and have read a lot about having an ISF tech come in and properly calibrate the TV.

Assuming ISF calibration puts at TV at 100% optimum, what % of optimum would you give the use of the Avia DVD. If a person did the tweaking recommended by Avia, how close to the 100% optimum would they get? 50%, 75%, what?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Bruce

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If you do just the basic Avia adjustments (brightness, contrast, sharpness, saturation, hue) - 25%

If you get into advanced stuff - geometry, convergence, electronic and mechanical focus, turning off SVM, adjusting gamma, Y/C delay, blah blah blah (most of these require you to open the set and/or access the set's service menus) - 70%

About all that's left (remaining 30%) after all this is greyscale calibration, which requires a color analyzer or comparator. It's best to leave that to an ISF.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks