What's new

If I retune my PB2-Plus, do I have to recalibrate the sub (db level)? (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Been thinking of playing around with tuning.

I currently have it set to 20Hz w/one plug and the lowpass set at 20Hz.

Thinking of plugging another port and lowering the tuning to 16Hz; in my apt, I'll never be able to explore the "upper SPL limits" of this thing anyway, so I might as well get every ounce out of it I can.

If I do this, lower the tuning to 16Hz, do I need to break out the AVIA disc and SPL meter again to recal to 85dB?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Afraid so. If you would rather calibrate at a lower level say 70 or 75. It will be easier on the neighbors if your concerned?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks guys. I'm not too worried about the neighbors AFA calibration goes. I'm pretty quick at it at this point...just hate to unearth the db meter and tripod.

Oh well. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
From the 25 Hz (calibrated) tune:

For the 20 Hz tune, bump the sub level 2 dB.

For the 16 Hz tune, bump the sub level another 2 dB (for a total of 4 dB).

Confirmed with TrueRTA sweeps to regain lost efficiency above the tune point when a port is plugged, and also confirmed by Tom V at SVS.

With the added dB, all three curves will almost exactly overlap down to about 22 Hz and then the differences in extension will become apparent.

Stay tuned for graphical results of the same on the PB2-Ultra review.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Stay tuned for graphical results of the same on the PB2-Ultra review.
__________________________________________________ ______

Ok fine. Kind of figured Monday was the day. I know it's got to be real close though.:emoji_thumbsup: I bet you went over it fifty times?

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Yes, he's been a special technical consultant almost from Day 1. I'm constantly calling or emailing him for set-up and measurement advice; I hope I'm not becoming a bother.......

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Putting in about 2-3 hours/day at this point - currently writing up DVD time/SPL stamps. The written technical sections are done. Music sections need to be finalized. All screen shots need to have custom text added and then they need to be uploaded to the website. Quite a bit of work remaining....

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Putting in about 2-3 hours/day at this point - currently writing up DVD time/SPL stamps. The written technical sections are done. Music sections need to be finalized. All screen shots need to have custom text added and then they need to be uploaded to the website. Quite a bit of work remaining....
__________________________________________________ _______

You perfectionist you! Your reviews bare this out as I'm sure this one will also.

Not to worry in your absence though. Craig is keeping things riled up just fine. Don't tell him I said that.:wink: 10 9 8 7 6 --

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks