If I have To Replace My RPTV How Is The Toshiba 50" Widescreen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveMo, Aug 5, 2002.

1. SteveMo

SteveMo Stunt Coordinator

MY CURRENT SITUATION
    We are trying to fix my current televison but are having difficulty. If I get a new one I am looking at this Tohsiba 50H82 RPTV. I just want to be sure of a few things. This is just a what if but it is pretty likely since my Tech could not fix the convergance right. My auto focus feature now reads " No Sensor Data". He is going to learn more about the problem and may fix it but if not...
    Tohsiba 50H82
    1. It does not upcovert a 480P signal
    2. It does not have a reflective case that would produce glare inside the set causing what most describe as shadows.
    3. I could sit 6 to 7 feet from it and be satisfied with the overall image and uniform luminence.
    Questions:
    1. Who owns one of these and likes it?
    2. Who owns one and does not like it?
    3. Is the Velocity Scan Modulation an issue?
    Thank you for reading and I appreciate your help.
    Also are there any ISF Technitions that could do a visit to Columbia in Missouri? If so when and what are your rates?

2. SteveMo

I want to keep the one I already have and I don't think that the problem is normal. I hope they can fix it.
    Samsung looks great besides the small problem [​IMG]

3. SteveMo

Darn it does the up conversion

4. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

The upconversion isn't much of an issue. I certainly wouldn't pass up a good set because of it.
    Also, the 50H82 does a better job of it than its predecessor such as my 42H81, which I love. Read Michael TLV's updated report for more info.
    Velocity Scan Modulation is easily bypassed. It's not on, by default, in the "film" mode; go to this mode, adjust the settings (contrast, tint, etc.) to your liking, and they will all be saved in the "preference" mode...including VSM being off.
    Cheers,
    Jan