What's new

If I get a 2ch integrated amp can I use it for H/T in the future? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
If I get a krell 2Ch Integrated amp. Can I use a receiver in the future and instead of hooking up the front 2 channels just run the preouts on it into the 2ch amp? Will this work as long as I closley match the power? Or is this a dumb idea. Because I would really like a Krell KAV-400xi. Now will that work ok for it if I use it as an amp for the front L/R and use the rest of a receiver for the center and rears?

Does this make any sense? I listen to mostly music but I know I will want a H/T Setup also.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
It also says on there website that it has a theater throughtout mode. ???? Is that basically what Im asking about?

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
That's exactly how I recommend setups to people who are in your situation :).

Calibration will match up the output levels so you don't have to match receiver power to the Krell. I believe that the theater throughtout mode is a unity gain mode which makes this sort of setup a little easier but you'd want to check with Krell about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks