1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

If I get a 2ch integrated amp can I use it for H/T in the future?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

If I get a krell 2Ch Integrated amp. Can I use a receiver in the future and instead of hooking up the front 2 channels just run the preouts on it into the 2ch amp? Will this work as long as I closley match the power? Or is this a dumb idea. Because I would really like a Krell KAV-400xi. Now will that work ok for it if I use it as an amp for the front L/R and use the rest of a receiver for the center and rears?

Does this make any sense? I listen to mostly music but I know I will want a H/T Setup also.

2. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

It also says on there website that it has a theater throughtout mode. ???? Is that basically what Im asking about?

3. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

That's exactly how I recommend setups to people who are in your situation [​IMG].

Calibration will match up the output levels so you don't have to match receiver power to the Krell. I believe that the theater throughtout mode is a unity gain mode which makes this sort of setup a little easier but you'd want to check with Krell about that.