What's new

If I Buy a Mulit Region Player.....? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Right now I'm looking into buying a Multi Region DVD Player. I've seen that the Philips 727 is around $80 at amazon. I have several questions about this player and some other questions about playing multi region dvds:

Can anyone comment on this particular player?

When playing multi region dvds, will the quality (picture or audio) be affected? Meaning if I was to play a Region 3 DVD in the player, will the picture quality be different since its a Region 1 player?

How does 3:2 work exactly?

Would the A/V quality be different as opposed to a regular Region 1 player?

Do I have to do anything special when playing a multi region DVD? Or do I just put it in and paly it like a regular Region 1 DVD?

I'm really only interested in NTSC multi region DVDs, since almost all the titles I'm looking to upgrade or buy are multi region NTSC (Such as Region 2, 3, or 4). I'm not really concerned with PAL (although some PAL titles kick ass)

These are probably questions that are easy to answer, but I'm just curious about it. I want to get some multi region titles, and am curious about them and the players. If anyone can help explain this to me and help me out with this situation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again......

Cahyo Wicaksono

Stunt Coordinator
PQ is mutually exclusive to region. Regions are just the artifical boundaries set by the studios.

I personally use Yamaha DVS-5650 for this use and I love it.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
So does this mean that the picture quality on a DVD will stay the same on any DVD player, provided that player can play multi region DVDs? Meaning, will it be the same quality on a multi region player as it is on a region 1 player?

Can anyone else help answer some of my other questions?? Thank again...

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
OK, that helps alot. Thanks. So with 3:2 pulldown, do I have to do anything with it when watching a multi region DVD on the player, or does it do anything automatically? I may not have read or understood the site you gave me correctly. Also, would anyone recommend the Philips 727, or are there better players out there for a reasonable price?

So just to be sure, when watching a Mulit region DVD in the multi region player, it should play just like one of my regular Region 1 DVDs, and I wont have to make adjustments with the picture or frames or anything like that? Sorry to be insistant, I just want to be sure...

I have a 27 in. Sony Wega Trinitron, so I won't be using the progressive scan yet, but hope to sometime in the future if I get a HDTV.

Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks