What's new

If FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS 4K reverts to the original color palette, I'll double-dip. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Otherwise, a hex on Jackson for messing with this film. I think it looks horrible on Blu-ray -- too yellow and green. The DVD looked right.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Otherwise, a hex on Jackson for messing with this film. I think it looks horrible on Blu-ray -- too yellow and green. The DVD looked right.
Yes I think Fellowship looks too green to me. Have you seen both versions on BluRay? I’ve only seen the extended.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes I think Fellowship looks too green to me. Have you seen both versions on BluRay? I’ve only seen the extended.

The theatrical cut has the original color. Jackson screwed the extended cut. Don't know which version is coming to 4K.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Jackson supervised the transfer, which I'm guessing he did, I would assume that it is what he intended it to be. So what's the problem?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
If Jackson supervised the transfer, which I'm guessing he did, I would assume that it is what he intended it to be. So what's the problem?

How about that it isn't what we originally saw and enjoyed.

One would likely assume he also supervised what was used within the released theatrical cut, which appears to be much closer to the original theatrical presentation. I'm all for being faithful to the creative intent. However, when that intent is presented within different variations, it opens the door for individuals to have a preference towards which intent provides them the greatest satisfaction. It doesn't mean they will get it, but it also doesn't mean they need to blindly accept the most recent supervised version as the now one and only definitive presentation to be viewed. Whether it be color grading differences or the fairly common theatrical vs. director's cut, you will generally find people of both sides arguing which they find better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks