What's new

If Best Buy lowers price after you buy (1 Viewer)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
My Dad purchased a printer at Best Buy the other day and in today's flyer it's $50 cheaper. They say they'll beat any advertised price for the next 30 days. Does that include their own? Theoretically, he could simply return it and buy it again for the lower price. Just curious if anyone has any experience in this area? Thanks.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I believe it includes their own sale price; that certainly would come under the umbrella "any". You'll need the receipt, of course. Otherwise, you could go ahead with your plan.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Provided, of course, the $50 isn't a mail in rebate of some kind. If it is, they'll try to pawn the rebate form off on you and tell you to mail it in when they know damn well the offer date on the refund slip and receipt won't match.

You'll get everything back with a nice little letter saying why they couldn't honor it.

Trust me. I worked at Customer Service and then in OPS leadership for over a year. This is the way it works.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yup, that's the way they are here, will match their own lowest price during the 30 days. However, IMO they are sleazy and misleading wih all their rebates (in-store and mail-in) and the way they advertise prices...I don't trust them at all. That said, I have never had less than fine customer service from them, it's just their weaselly advertising I don't like, and the way they seem to pick and choose just what constitutes their advertised price. Makes it hard to price-match when you have so many rebates etc., and include freebies/bonus to make your item different from others that are advertised ...just what is their advertised price for the main item?? Get my gist: advertise something, and include a "free" something with it, then say it's not the same as somebody else selling the same main item for less.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
They refunded his $50. The original price had been $299 but he got for $199 with the $50 man. rebate and the $50 instant savings given retroactively. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks