What's new

If Arnold wins, will his DVDs be pulled from circulation? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
PLEASE, no political commentary. Limit the discussion to what Dennis brought up in his post. And, Dennis, given the box-office and money-making power of the performer in question it is highly, highly doubtful the studios would pull the DVDs of The Terminator, Trule Lies, Total Recall, and whatever else that's lurking out there off the shelves.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No, they won't be pulled, they'll just get a new sticker:

"ztarring the guvnah ov Californyah."

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
I too remember seeing plenty of Ronnie's movies during his Presidency.

As for Carl Weathers, I'd like to see him go into Apollo Creed mode during press conferences.

- Cryo

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
There would be no reason to pull his DVDs from circulation. The only issue was that his movies could not be shown in California while he was running for Governor. It is an equal time issue for the other candidates.

Arnold might want some of his movies pulled, but I don't think he has any control on the distribution.

Page

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald Reagan can currently be seen in the Criterion DVD release of "The Killers."

As for his movies not being shown...well, IMHO most of them just ain't that good.

I wouldn't worry about Arnold's DVDs going out of print. His films generate too much money for them to be ignored. The studios aren't likely to back down to anyone when it comes to the almighty dollar.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
A while back I found some wisdom of one-liners and this is the analysis on Arnie's mighty line "I'll be back":

"When Schwarzenneger pauses at the door, cannon smoking, and tells the bunch of terrified bad guys "I'll be back", that holds volumes of details. Packed into three words are a worst case scenario, good advice, threats, even a challenge".

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
If they were to broadcast them over the air then there's a chance that a democrat could demand equal time, based on the equal air-time laws.
The "equal time" laws were disposed of many years ago by the FCC. The lack of these laws (which clearly violated the 1st ammendment anyway) is what led to the explosion in popularity of talk radio.

-Lyle J.P.

TedT

Second Unit
If they were to broadcast them over the air then there's a chance that a democrat could demand equal time, based on the equal air-time laws.
That only applies while RUNNING for governor. Once he's won (I hope!) anyone can air anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks