What's new

If a film is shown on HDNet Movies but is not on DVD ... (1 Viewer)

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
If a film is shown on HDNet Movies but is not on DVD, CAN that mean that a forthcoming DVD is not too far away?

For example, I watched The Last Of Sheila on HDNet Movies the other night. Great movie, by the way. A high-def transfer of the film obviously exists now (not a very good one, but it does exist), but its not on DVD. Can that mean that a DVD release is possible in the not too distant future? Just curious.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I've been thinking the same thing. THE WILD BUNCH, THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE, those HiDef master exist so bring on the DVDs!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Are they OAR HD? (ie, not a 2.35:1 image cropped to 1.78:1?)

I've always wondered with those MAR HD titles...are the studios doing HD transfers that are copped during the film-tape like they do with pan/scan 4x3 transfers...or do they take a lbxed 16x9 2.35:1 image and crop/scale it to blow it up to fill the 16x9 frame?

Reason I ask it regarding an HD-master existing for DVD...I'd hope there would be an OAR HD master!

-dave

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
They are OAR. I have been waiting for a release of the last of sheila for years now. I was so excited to watch it on HDnet movies on Monday. It was a treat to see it in HD. I never thought that would happen.

Bring on the dvd!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks