if 24 comes back for another season ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TonyD, Jan 15, 2002.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    how do you do the plot or story? will it be 24 hrs again or will it be another time length. will it have a complete new cast?

what do the creaters do to a second season of 24?

by the way i thionk this is the most interesting new show.

2. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im a big fan of the show and it keeps getting better. For a bit there because of ratings it looked like 24 may have got the can, but now they say it will be a full season. Hopefully ratings go higher. I can see another 24 being made. Have it take place a few years later with some other plot.

3. Ray Gutnick

Ray Gutnick Stunt Coordinator

Ray
    Best new show this season! I would guess that they would pick another "crisis", and show what happens over a 24 hour period once again (with the same cast - assuming they survive this season). Probably something unrelated to the election. [​IMG]

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I assumed they would have a completely different cast and storyline, but it would also take place in 24 hours. The series would be like an anthology series, but with entire seasons rather than episodes.

It would be really dumb to have everyone back. What, the terrorists come back for revenge? Gosh, I hope not.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, they probably wouldn't have everyone back - you'd want new villains, at least - but they could very easily focus on the CTU team, with occasional cutaways to President Palmer. [​IMG] I don't see how you'd shoehorn Teri and Kim in again, but then again, I don't do this professionally.
    And get Stephen Hopkins to direct as many episodes as humanly possible. The ones he directs (like last night's) really stand out as tension factories.

6. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

This show is amazing. I haven't been this excited about a TV show since the early seasons of The X-Files. I hope the show comes back next season. BTW does anyone know how many episodes are left for this season?

7. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Shouldn't you be able to tell by what the last time was?

8. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I missed the first few episodes so I have avoided the show. Not because I'm not interested, but because I want to see it in its entirety. Does FOX plan on rerunning it this summer? I know it sometimes shows up on FX during the weekend.

9. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I missed last night's show (I'll catch it on FX sometime this weekend) but why are we all assuming that they'll wrap up the storyline at season's end?

The assasination may be averted, but the greater conspiracy could go on. Jack could investigate who's behind it, who else might be involved, etc. Heck, maybe the assasination won't be averted...

Point being this show could go on for years, becoming several days in the life of Jack, with an emerging and evolving conspiracy.

Of course the only problem with that scenario is the cast will age demonstrably compared to the amount of actualy story time.

EDIT: actually, that shouldn't be a problem because we're not watching this show in real time. If Kiefer loses/gains a few pounds, gets wrinkles etc., we won't notice so much as we'll be watching it over years. Only if we watched the entire series back to back would we notice.

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

They probably have to wrap up the story this season for one simple reason: the characters have to sleep. You can't have everyone staying up for three days straight.

//Ken

11. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Not necessarily. The plotline could be brought to some end for the season, give the characters a few hours to sleep, then pick up next season after only "a few hours have passed."

I think the assaination plot will come to some type of end, but not the greater conspiracy behind it opening up the show to more seasons. With 'X-Files' now gone, look for Fox to try and use this show to fill the gap.

12. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

Season 2 of 24 could take place 3 months later...whats the difference?

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I like the idea of a different crisis for each season.