What's new

Ieee 1394 (firewire) cable to pc? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Got a new Canon cam corder and need to figure out what I am going to do with the video I record? keep on Mini DV tapes or upload to a pc? If I upload to a pc looks like I need a firewire to upload to my pc? What do most of you guys do or use? Keep the mini dv tapes or upload to pc and if upload, how do you do it?

PLMK

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I keep the MiniDV source tapes as a backup, but also upload the video to the PC via firewire for editing and creating a DVD. I'll burn a DVD and also "burn" an image to my external hard drive so I can create another edited DVD, should something happen to the original one (saving me from re-editing again).

I used to use Ulead for video capture and editing, but I recently switched to Adobe Premiere Elements, and find it pretty easy to use. The menu creation functions are more advanced than the version of Ulead that I used previously. If you also want a decent, inexpensive photo editing program, Adobe bundles Premiere Elements with the latest version of Elements. Since I wanted to upgrade my copy of the latter from version 4 to version 6 anyway, buying the bundle with the video editing software was not much more $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks