What's new

IE settings (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Running windows XP and Internet Explorer (6 I think) When ever I place my mouse over an image on a webpage I get a little menu that pops up over the image that allows me to save it, email it and something else (im at work, not at my computer so I cant remember exactly) . Is it possible to get rid of it, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Go to Tools->Internet Options, then click Advanced. Under Multimedia, uncheck "Enable Image Toolbar", then click Ok. Close and restart the browser, and you shouldn't get this toolbar anymore.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Thank you. I figured it was somewhere in the advanced section must have just missed it. Good riddance to that stupid thing.

Thanks again.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
OK...here's one:
How can I make every window in IE have a status bar? I can manually add a status bar by selecting View ->Status Bar but the default is aparently not to have one...so I have to do that each time I open a new window.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Bill, but on mine F11 puts IE into kiosk mode (full screen where it even eliminates the WinXP task bar.

Anyone else?

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Open an IE window, enable the status bar, close the window with the x in the upper right. The status bar should be retained for all new windows.

IE seems to "remember" the form it was in the last time it was closed and a new instance retains the settings of the last window you closed. Ever notice that the window size can get screwed up after closing some popups? Same deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks