What's new

IDMAX in home (1 Viewer)

I've got an Idmax sitting around that I wanna turn into a wicked HT sub. I'll be powering it with a Apex Sr. amp, so it'll be getting 350WRMS.

Great, it won't let me post a web link with the specs :thumbsdown:
A simple google should give you the image dynamics website.

What do you all think? Ported or Sealed? Box size? If ported, tuning frequency?

thanks!

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Which version do you have? I was looking at the specs and the different versions have different sets of specs.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yeah were a little slow up here in MI, gota be the winter freeze. :D

Certain ID subs looked great for HT.

Just like Aaron, I can't remmeber which ID Woofs and Version have the low FS and TS-params that work well in an HT sub...

There are a few that looked good from past memorie...

Yup, gota be a MI thing..:laugh:

I'm awful lazy, :b post the rams and we'll have a look at what she might be able to do.

Cheers
Geoff ¥

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Quick and dirty, 4.25/cf^³ tuned to 20Hz looked pretty good. This is without cabinet bracing, driver, and port volume subtracted.

Room gain while corner loaded will help the crashing roll off some, tuning a couple Hz lower certainly should not hurt. Can't concrete say what happens further up the FR-30-40's using a cf-volume of (4ft to 4.25-cf^³) and then Lowering Tuning from 20 to (18-Hz). Added safety for the driver at the very bottom Hz, certainly.

====>?
Don't know if Jason ran a "Full Program" (Uni™/etc) with the basic ID params available..???
====>?

I "DIDN'T" ~{:b}~ oh the shame, so lazy I am..

Maybe when I go to my brothers today to help out on some sub work, I'll grab his puter & run it threw, can't do it on this pile..

The driver looks to be quite the beast, visualy tho for sure. ;)

Cheers
Geoff ¥

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I popped it into WinISD Pro. I tried to get a Vb and tuning that would provide some natural boost with room gain below 40Hz as I suspect the Le on this driver is pretty high. It seems to be on pretty much every autosound driver.

ok, so big box ported low it is. Now, whats you're opinions on which way to point the sub? Is down better, or is it better to point it at you? Does it matter? What side should the port be on?

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
If you don't have a preference make it forward firing. The port can be wherever you want as long as the end isn't too close to anything that would restrict air flow.

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
I am friends with the guys over at Imagae Dynamics and let me tell you, they have a few IDmazes setup in their office for HT use and it is insane. Those guys over there are into some sick highend audio. The have a refrigerator sized sub that is the most musical sub i hae ever heard.

www.tmrmzine.com/mr2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks