Identifying JP DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Elliott Willschick, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

I am very familiar with how to identify the new Jurassic Park DTS disc. However I bought it today and I looked at the disc and there is neither D2R1 or D2R2. My store has not had them in for awhile so I took the chance when I finally saw them. It sounds quite good but without the old one I can't compare it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Elliott

2. Jakob_S

Jakob_S Stunt Coordinator

you have to look very carefully around the hole in the middle on the disc. There are a lot of codes/numbers - so try to look again, they should be there.

3. Noel Sequeira

Noel Sequeira Auditioning

You have to check the status grid at the bottom of the back of the box. If it is red, you have the new version.

You're right in saying the new pressings neither have D2R1 or D2R2 on the innner-hub.

Also, you can insert the DVD into a DVD-ROM drive and open the VIDEO_TS folder. If the file dates say November 2000, then you have the new version.

Noel.

4. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

>>You're right in saying the new pressings neither have D2R1 or D2R2 on the innner-hub.

5. Jakob_S

Jakob_S Stunt Coordinator

6. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly. I am positive that the ring has no code. I have tried three copies before I bought them over the past year and I found the D2R1 with no problem.

I did manage to get a dvd-rom drive and confirmed the date is NOV 2000 so luckily it is the corrected one. Now that I got more time with I can notice the difference.

Thanks

P.S. I am sorry I had to start another JP thread :b