1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas on moving TW65H80.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe McCabe, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

I need to get my Toshiba TW65H80 down to my basement for a dedicated room that I've been having built.

The problem is, there is really no good way to grab it, and it's VERY heavy.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Is there a *safe* way to maybe take it apart, so as to make it easier to grab??

2. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

The only reasonable way to move it is to rent an appliance dolly and get at least 2 people, 3 if you can. That's what the movers used to carry my Toshiba 56" widescreen up and down the stairs for my last move.

3. Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc Stunt Coordinator

Take the front speaker panels off to reveal handholds. Unfortunately, there are none on the back and you have to cup the angle of the set's shape with your hand.

4. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Joe,
    I know that one of the techniques that pro movers use is to slip a long cloth-like material under both ends of heavy and bulky furniture like a big screen. They then take a secure grab of this material and lift. Easy and simple... at least that's how they make it look. [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Errol