What's new

Ideas for small loud sub? (1 Viewer)

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
Im toying around with ideas on making a small sealed sub with some high excursion/power driver. Im in a dorm and am going to be moving around every year probably so I want something small to take around as well as something that wont take much space, but can still kick ass. Ive been happy with my sealed shiva and my vented dayton at home but both are still a little bit big for my liking (well the sonotube at home is 12cuft so thats a little more than a "bit" big, and the shiva is in a 2.5cuft sealed box in my dorm and its managable, but id like to get smaller.) Im thinking around 1~1.5 cu ft, and feeding it with some 1KW+ amp. Can anyone give me some suggestions on drivers and boxes to look at?

thanks!

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried it yet? It seems like many people were playing around with the idea, and Jon bought a bunch of the 1203s...

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Jon bought a pair of 1203's. Their current mission is serving as sculptural accents to the living room decor. (aka paperweights)
He's actually working on a low buck MT or MTM (builders choice) project that can be expanded into a large but moderately priced line array. This was something he promised to do about 5yrs ago.
You know what they say:
"Slow work takes time, and incompetent work takes somewhat longer" :)

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
those are some pretty nice paperweights ;). What about the Adire Brahma?(sp) It seems a little too expensive but how would that work in such an application?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I would think it would need much more space than 1.5 ft^3.

If you want big bass from a small sealed sub, the only thing I can think of is a velo HGS. Stick with the BP 1203 in a small sealed sub. I think you can get it to perform well is a small box if you have lots of power like Jack said.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Kyle, how's the work on the beast coming along? You've been back a full day already... surely you've got it done by now. ;)

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
yea i want it small but i want it to do fairly well in numbers as well so thats why i was looking at drivers like the brahma and 1203.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks