What's new

Ideas for a paper I have to right. (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
It needs to be about a leader from the last 300 years who has been a significant role model of leadership.

Needs to address who it is, thier contribution to society and why they are a great example of leadership.

If anybody has any ideas, suggestions, recommendations on who I could pick, I would appreciate it.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
What always works for me, when trying to choose something on very broad topic, is to relate it as close as possible to something you really like. It'll make the paper easier to write and you'll enjoy it more, so a better grade is likely.

Like HT and movies? How about a pioneer in the film industry? Like aircraft or ships? Write about a great ship captain or a pilot (military or civilian). Like art or music? How about a famous art instructor or a world-class music director? Do you like healthcare? You can write about a famous physician that pushed for radical change.

These are just some examples about how you can find leadership roles in almost every facet of life. The point is that while political and military leaders easily fall into our minds first, there are leaders everywhere. If politics and military aren't necessarily your interests, the assignment may be easier to write if you pick someone who did soemthing you can more easily relate to.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
You could write about any number of leaders and their respective contributions to world history and society. Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Winston Churchill come immediately to mind; as do Margaret Sanger, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela. I'm sure these will also be popular choices among your peers, but there are any number to choose from.

Perhaps you should choose someone whose contribution strikes a personal chord with you.

Adam

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'd feel a little dirty picking one out for you, largely because I feel writing papers is a personal process that can only be enjoyed if it interests you.

All I can suggest is to try and find someone outside the scope of general US history taught to many students. I find the most interesting papers to read are about little known leaders who made a big impact in a small place. Their stories are just as important and dramatic as more well-known leaders, but they have the advantage of being unique and possibly piquing the interest of your instructor or peers (as opposed to reading 'yet another' paper on MLK or FDR)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
If it were my assignment I'd pick someone like Jim Jones who led his cult to commit mass suicide. Everyone else in the class will probably pick a positive role model but assuming that's not a requirement I would go in the opposite direction. It shouldn't be very difficult to find out what kind of people were attracted to the cult (probably poor, uneducated, etc). People were lacking something and this man was literally able to build his own society around that. Which takes more skill, leading a horse to water or getting him to jump off a cliff?

VinhT

Second Unit
Or, you could just succumb to the dark side and sneek a peek at those term paper sites. :D

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I would right won about somewon who means something special two ewe, such as a liter that had a personnel affect on you. Chute, you could even right about a righter.

(ewe mite wont two get it proof-red, to) :D

Just messing with you, Thomas. Good luck!

Jon

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well son of a .....

Just realized I misspelled the title. Haven't looked at it since I posted it and even then didn't read it. Seems that we have a bunch on funny people in here. It's ok. I can take it. Especially for using the wrong word.Can I play that off by saying it's never happened to me before? Probably not.

Thanks for the ideas. I've started to do some thinking about it and I don't want to w rite the typical paper about some person that's been done over and over. I also don't want to pick somebody so obscure that it's hard to find enough sources on him. (I have to have 5 non-internet sources). I agree with what you had to say Masood.

P.S. Yes Leo it was an Aggie. Class of 2003. Whoop!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
That could be an interesting one Adil. There would definetly me some information on him that I think would be easy to find.

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
I would suggest either Mohandas K. Gandhi or Winston L.S. Churchill. Julius Caesar was also a great leader but he lived more than 300 years ago.

JUDE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks