1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Idea For Boston Legal Release...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ElijahS, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

If Boston Legal scores several Emmy nominations on Thursday, I bet that a DVD release will appear on the horizon. Since Season 1 ended up with 17 episodes, I think that one of the best "bonuses" Fox could do is to include the last few episodes of The Practice that took place in the law firm of Crane, Poole and Schmidt. What do you think?

2. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I think The Practice should be The Practice, and get its own DVD release. I think Boston Legal S1 should include the unaired episodes from S1, which will be aired at the start of S2.

3. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

The problem with that is that 20th Century Fox seems to have no ambition to release The Practice on DVD.

The last five episodes shot for season 1 will likely be modified in some minor fashion to include Julie Bowen in the cast, and other things might be changed (not confirmed, just speculation). In any case, Fox needs to release both shows on DVD soon.

4. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Supporting Actor

Other TV DVD releases have included bonus episodes from other tv shows so yeah it'd be cool if The Practice episodes were apart of this set.

5. Joseph_S_Walker

Joseph_S_Walker Auditioning

Has ANY David Kelley show been released to DVD? No Picket Fences, no Chicago Hope, no Practice, just a taste of Ally McBeal--is this all a coincidence, or is it possible the man himself has something against the format? Personally, I'd snap up the first three seasons of Picket Fences in a heartbeat.

6. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Ally McBeal has been released in its entirety in other regions.

7. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Music rights are supposed to be one of the snags holding up Ally McBeal.

8. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

It would be great if Boston Legal: Season One came out before Season 2 starts. I love it when shows do this, it's just great and I think all shows should have this policy. It would be great if the unaired episodes came on this as they are part of season 1 anyway. I still don't know why ABC did this, Boston Legal was doing well in the ratings but Grey's Anatomy comes along get's Desperate Housewive's numbers and ABC think's it's the second coming. At least ABC could have shown the remaing episodes on anoather night or in the summer.

9. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

At least ABC's keeping it on, and we do get a much longer run of episodes this coming year (17 vs. 27). While I can't wait to see the final five from Season 1/2, I can't think of a better episode to have ended the season in the manner that the season was ended by ABC than "Death Be Not Proud."

10. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

While I hate the rationale, ABC chose to keep Grey's Anatomy where it was and take Boston Legal out of play because of fear of what might happen to the ratings if either one were moved during the season.

I think that putting Boston Legal in NYPD Blue's time slot is a vote of confidence in the show, but I hate that it's going to compete with Law & Order: SVU. I'm almost torn, but SVU has DVDs and is in syndication, and Boston Legal has neither at this point.