ID4 5-star disc error

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rob T, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I got the ID4 5-star set a few years ago from wal-mart and last year I got my HT setup going and I've been going through each of the titles that I have had since before I got the home theater to hear the DD and DTS audio tracks correctly and I finally got to ID4 today so when I put the main feature disc in my player (Toshiba SD-3805) the player tried to read it a bunch of times then it gave up and said DISC ERROR. I checked the disc and there was no dust, or scratches, or fingerprints on it.
    This has happened before as well when I got Small Soldiers. Luckily, that was a brand new disc so I returned it and got something else, but this is an old set that is OOP, so am I SOL? or could there be a chance that FOX will give me a replacement?

2. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

This really isn't an answer, because I really don't know what Fox would do, but the 2discer is in print again in new packaging, but so far only at Best Buy. I think it is coming out everywhere else soon, but I don't know the exact date. I haven't had any problems with my 5-Star Edition though.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

well that does give me an idea. Maybe it'll be updated with new software then so it'll actually be able to play if I can get it replaced.

4. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

some dvds just won`t work on certian players. It is a pain in the ass.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I remember on my last player, a Toshiba 3108, gave problems with certain disks just when seamless branching came out. It had trouble with The Abyss 2nd disk and a few others that I cannot recall. It was found out at that time that a code upgrade on my DVD player would resolve the issue, and it indeed did.