What's new

ID4 5-star disc error (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got the ID4 5-star set a few years ago from wal-mart and last year I got my HT setup going and I've been going through each of the titles that I have had since before I got the home theater to hear the DD and DTS audio tracks correctly and I finally got to ID4 today so when I put the main feature disc in my player (Toshiba SD-3805) the player tried to read it a bunch of times then it gave up and said DISC ERROR. I checked the disc and there was no dust, or scratches, or fingerprints on it.
This has happened before as well when I got Small Soldiers. Luckily, that was a brand new disc so I returned it and got something else, but this is an old set that is OOP, so am I SOL? or could there be a chance that FOX will give me a replacement?

Rocky F

Second Unit
This really isn't an answer, because I really don't know what Fox would do, but the 2discer is in print again in new packaging, but so far only at Best Buy. I think it is coming out everywhere else soon, but I don't know the exact date. I haven't had any problems with my 5-Star Edition though.

Rob T

Screenwriter
well that does give me an idea. Maybe it'll be updated with new software then so it'll actually be able to play if I can get it replaced.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I remember on my last player, a Toshiba 3108, gave problems with certain disks just when seamless branching came out. It had trouble with The Abyss 2nd disk and a few others that I cannot recall. It was found out at that time that a code upgrade on my DVD player would resolve the issue, and it indeed did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KennyMitchell
Recent bookmarks