I'd Love to Have Do Over & Glory Days on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I was watching the WB tonight and I was just thinking man i miss Glory Days and Do Over. These were two shows that were amazing and deserved more episodes then what they got. I don't know who owns them but i'd love the DVDs.

2. Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I would have to agree 100%. Do Over was a fresh, entertaining show and I'll never understand why the WB didn't burn off the last four episodes. I enjoyed Glory Days, too, and would love to see the unaired pilot with Julie Benz in the role Poppy Montgomery played on the series.

Releasing Do Over around the same time the original Star Wars trilogy comes out would be brilliant - the episode "Joel Larsen Strikes Back" was fabulous, and totally took me back to standing in line waiting to see the movie with a bunch of SF fans (and a little girl wrestled Darth Vader to the ground). While they didn't always get the details perfect, they captured the spirit of the '80s, and Penn Badgley was an amazing choice for the lead.

Sigh. I'd buy Do Over without even blinking.

3. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I found out that Glory Days is ond DVD in R2 under the title of Demontown I don't know if it's the Complete Series or whatnot but man I wish it was on DVD over here. Gord, Dave do you know if Glory Days or even Do Over has a chance of coming on DVD?

How owns Glory Days anyway?

Here's the link by the way

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...807776-6066040

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I wouldn't count on it. BTW - that DVD is only 115 mins, so it sounds like the first 2 episodes (?).

I believe the show is owned by Warner Bros, but I could be wrong. I met two of the writers for the show when I was in LA (they went on to write for "Angel" and are now at "The Shield").

Gord

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Per IMDB: Do Over was produced by Paramount (with three other production company credits), Glory Days by Miramax (and Kevin Williamson's Outerbanks company). Considering that Buena Vista actually has released some short-run series while Miramax is still working with Williamson and wouldn't be above trying to cash in on Poppy Montgomery's success on Without a Trace, I figure there might actually be a chance for Glory Days at some point.