What's new

i'd like to find a GOOD mechanical pencil (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I should add, I used to use both Pentel and Staedtler. And I was very happy with both. But as I wrote my choices, I recalled many years ago I switched from the aforementioned to another brand...but couldn't bang my head on the table enough to recall which one.

Thanks to Dustin, I remember it was the Koh-i-noor. Seventeen years ago in high school, I recall finding this gem. As Dustin commented, it smokes the competition. I cherished that pencil for the years after it took me through countless graphic design and engineering courses.

Oh, btw...17 years ago, it was a luxury for me to pay approximately $3.95 for the Rapidograph. Times sure have changed but still well worth it - not until you hold the metal-diamond grip and feel the heft of this pencil in your hand will you realize the distinction in quality. Thanks for the memories!

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
that one is really nice, but i tried one that a friend had in class, and my writing style doesnt fit with this pencil. it almost forces you to write properly using your thumb and index and middle finger. however, when i write i make a fist, and i put the writing instrument between my thumb and index finger. i am going to try out the Koh-I-Noor 0.7 mm. i think i am also going to order a 0.9 mm version too. i remember breaking 0.5 mm lead ALL THE TIME, so maybe 0.7 isnt strong enough. and if it is, i just have an extra pencil. thanks for all the replies, [nerd suit on]
i'm so excited! [nerd suit still on]

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.