What's new

ICQ Flower? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Have I missed a setting to put my ICQ flower and status up in every post? I just wondered as it's in the list of things you can enter for your profile. Or maybe I'm just blind...:D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Theo:

Nope. You can put in your ICQ number but the trademarked flower icon won't be displayed on the forum. Your number will show up in your profile for others to copy so they can add your number to their list put that's it.

Parker

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Are you likely to put this feature in? If not, how come? Most other forums seem to do it.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Theo:

No it will not be used on this site. Because ICQ has gotten on to other forums/boards about using their copyrighted icons and I won't have that become an issue with this site. Sorry but when ICQ has requested and then demanded sites to refrain from using their logo then I tend to listen to what they request.

Parker

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Oh right. I had no idea. Seems bloody foolish to me, actually. I downloaded ICQ because I wondered why so many people had this weird 'flower thing'. :rolleyes
I guess maybe it's like Hoover and them losing their trademark, in which case I can understand. They should offer and alternative, however, that makes sure they are protect if this is the case. (IMO ;) )
Cheers

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Theo:

Thanks for understanding. vBulletin comes with the option of adding the flower but I remember with UBB that they were requested/told by ICQ to stop including their flower icon with their BB software. I believe the same issue with presented to Jelsoft when they released vBulletin.

The bottom line has been for a few years now that ICQ doesn't want want their copyrighted flower icon included in any software and since they tell the authors of these programs to remove them I don't want to get into an issue with ICQ telling us that we have to remove them too. I believe the same thing is true with MSN messenger and their icon logo and AIM with AOL.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks