What's new

Ice Station Zebra (1 Viewer)

Randy Streck

Auditioning
Hello everyone, does anyone know when and if the classic movie "Ice Station Zebra" is coming to DVD? Man I really want this movie on DVD.

Thanks,

Randy

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
If? Undoubtedly someday. When? Your guess is as good as mine - I've not even heard any rumors about it.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Another Warner owned film (sigh), so I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon (my sigh is for quantity, not quality).

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea. And while we're at it, tell Warners to repair the sound problem in reel 3. The LD issue went sour at that point. But recovered at the next reel change.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Wrong title...sorry...
Where Eagles Dare is on one of the Studio Day reports that it's being prepared.
If you put all the films everyone is requesting from WB back to back, they'd wrap the world around 5 times! :D

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that MGM/UA put out the laser disc. I have heard that Where Eagles Dare is coming, probably from the aforementioned Studio Day report; I don't recall anything about Ice Station Zebra anywhere.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"Ice Station Zebra" was an MGM production in 1968 and that means that it is now part of the Warner catalog for DVD releases.

On this note, does anyone have a full list of pre-1986 MGM movies that MGM put out on DVD before the rights shifted? I always tried to get MGM copies because of the keepcase and booklets, knowing there was no difference in the transfers for the most part, and also because there was something that seemed just a little more right about classic MGM movies appearing in MGM packagaing.

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
hopeful for Where Eagles Dare as per the rumours - but I would love to have Ice Station Zebra on DVD, it cries out for a crisp print with that great theme tune in 5.1 !

what extras could we hope for on this one? what was on the laserdisc?

PS - wasn't this the film which Howard Hughes was reported to have shown continuosly for days on end?

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Pardon this self indulgent anecdote, but in 1967 I was a kid taking a tour of MGM studios, and our group was briefly allowed to explore a ZEBRA set! The set featured a sub that had just broken through the surface of snow and ice; plastic snowflakes were everywhere. :D I found it amusing the contrast between the sunny weather outside and the stark, barren polar vista within!

Dan M~

Second Unit
I watched this movie last night on Turner Classic Movies.
I would love to see this on DVD, but they do have alot of problems with the sound fading in and out in many places.
Great flick, needs an SE version... as does Giant, another "Rock" movie! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks