What's new

ICE says "Frank Zappa DVD due in September." (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
According to the "September Preview" box on the ICE website, there is supposed to be an FZ DVD release in September. Anyone have the new ICE magazine that will tell us what it says? Is it by chance Roxy?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Rich,

The most likely scenario is a bunch of various 70s Zappa songs in surround. He played around mixing lots of individual cuts in that time frame (in addition to the two official albums). Maybe some 'new' songs if we are lucky.

Two complete additional quad albums, OSFA and Roxy, may exist but that's never been confirmed.

gregD

Second Unit
Whatever it may be ---- gimme!

Say what you want about the ZFT... when a release eventually does appear, it's worth the wait... Halloween was a triumph, both in performance and production... high expectations for this next one, even if I don't know what's on it.

Aw-reety, aw-righty.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Great info, Larry!

My contact at DTS says that this info "for the most part is accurate" but track listings are still unconfirmed. Also, it's due out on the 24th, not the 27th. Final official press release is being app'd by Gail Z, and will be forthcoming...

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Felix.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always thought Strictly Commercial was a pretty good comp and I think a 5.1 mix of that would be a good sampler while we wait for hi-rez versions of the whole back catalog.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute... people who purchased this Zappa disc, also purchased Bon Jovi and Diana Krall?

I don't believe it.

Trina

Agent
My copy of QuAUDIOPHILIAc arrived today from CD Universe.
I'm on my 3rd listen now and I'm digging it. If your a Zappa fan or a curious DVD-A fan, then this is a release for you. Hardcore Zappa fans will love Rollo and Chunga Basement. Waka/Jawaka sounds awesome in 5.1. Venusian Time Bandits is another very cool track. Some really cool examples of what Frank had in mind back in the 70's. A man before his time and gone way too soon. Thankfully, the ZFT seem to be ready to roll out the FZ products and keep the music alive.

T

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Zappa.com is already advertising a new CD due out in October. It's called Joe's Domage

According to the track list, it looks like some or all the tracks are from the Grand Wazoo tour (not petite):

1. When it's perfect...
2. The New Brown Clouds
3. Frog Song
4. It Just Might Be A One Shot Deal
5. The ending line...
6. Blessed Relief/The New Brown Clouds
7. It Ain't The Deal So What's The Deal
8. Think It Over (some)/Think It Over (some more)
9. Another Whole Melodic Section
10. When it feels natural...

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
from what i've read in the october ice magazine there's somewhere between 10-12 cd's/dvd-a's worth of material at or near completion to be released within the next year

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks