What's new

Ice Cube as 'Kotter' in remake? (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but a search didn't turn up any hits...

I just read this on Yahoo News, and it was the first I'd heard about it:

http://tinyurl.com/fgvdd

I, personally, don't understand the appeal of all these remakes. But, I guess I must be in the minority on that...if they weren't making money, I guess they wouldn't keep getting made. I just don't get it...

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Groan... unfortunate fact is that they make enough money to be profitable.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor

Yes, you're in the minority, and for the record, I'm right there with you. These remakes are invariably inferior to originals that aren't all that great to begin with (the glaring exception being Battlestar Galactica).

I suppose on the plus side, Ice Cube will be producing, and he generally does a decent job with small, simple comedies.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
As a rule I've been accepting of remakes due to the few exceptional entries (John Carpenter's The Thing, as well as more recent horror films like Dawn of the Dead and TCM), but this is even becoming too much for me. Between remaking 70s movies and Asian horror, I'm dying for something new.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

This is so true. It's like every film that comes out has an earlier version that you can compare it to, either sequal or remake.

As far as Kotter and Ice Cube, it could be worse, but than again, it could be ablut as good as "The Honeymooners" remake a year or so ago. If they want to make Blaxploitation films, why not make them hard ass like in the 70's, instead of this pandering remake shit?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks