What's new

Ice Age--truth in packaging! (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
On the back of the Ice Age case, the 1:33 version is described as "pan & scan", not "fullframe". This is the first time I've seen this on a dvd package--kudos to Fox for telling it like it is.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
How about something like "We've chopped some of the picture off for you. Some actors have been removed to fit your screen." ;) Seriously, though, that's good to see.
This is definitely an improvement over the "no black bars" sticker from (if I recall) Sound of Music. :thumbsdown:

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
So it's really Pan & Scan, then?

I thought they might recompose for the 1.33:1 aspect ratio, just like Pixar does for their films nowadays.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
On the back of the cropped Attack of the Clones box, it says "Pan'n'scan" on the back, but unfortunately it says "Fullscreen version" on the front.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
All the Fox titles I've checked that are pan and scan actually say "Pan and scan" on the back. That "FULL SCREEN VERSION" on the front has got to go, though!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The film truly is Pan and Scan. There is clear and obvious cropping in every scene on the 4:3 version.

-Lyle J.P.

Colin-H

Second Unit
The banner across the top of the back cover reads, "INCLUDES FULL SCREEN AND WIDESCREEN VERSIONS", but in the little "bonus features" tab it says, "Pan & Scan version (aspect ratio 1.33:1)".

So is "Scrat's Missing Adventure" the part that was cut of the frame in the P&S version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks