What's new

IB Sub placement INPUT needed. (1 Viewer)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Hello to ALL-
This IB Sub topics are really Interesting and I am definitely interested in building one for my "NEW" Home. I was wondering if you could give me some input as far as placement of the drivers.
HERE IS A LINK to the floorplan on my new house and I was thinking of using the wall next to the powder room (across from the Laundry Room). This is a room (pretty much a closet space) about 6x7x8.
My Plan was a dual Tempest with the drivers facing the Family Room.
Is this Ideal? Should I have the builders cut a hole in that room already? Will this work?
I really dont want any holes in my new home but for a GOOD SOUNDING IN SUB, I can manage.
Thanks in Advance.
Angelo

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Where are the mains going to be placed?

What about mounting the drivers in the ceiling?

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
TW-

The mains will be placed on that same wall. Will it make a lot of difference in I placed the mains on the walls directly across from it?

Thanks for your quick response.

Angelo

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
The floor plan is a nightmare as far as proper speaker placement is concerned.....

I assume that you're talking about the wall to the right of the pool table for placing the mains? If so, then yes the utility closet will work for an IB

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
TW-
Actually the mains will be placed on the Shorter wall right behind the powder room. I know that this layout IS a nightmare as far as surround placement but that's what I got and I guess thats what I have to live with:frowning: unless of course I build a Wall with a Door to that room ( which will make this a "dedicated" HT room but I doubt it will pass the WAF.
Angelo

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
If you listen facing the powder room; the left side speakers, both main and rear are going to get an output boost as a result of the boundry load created by the side wall. The right side speakers won't get the same level of boundry loading. As a result it will be quite difficult to balance the output from the two sides of the space.

If at all possible I'd suggest using the wall to the right of the pool table for the mains. That will balance their boundry loading. Boundry loading for the rears is less important.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Sorry to bring this back up again but I was wondering if a sonotube would be OK to use for this application with a single Tempest.

Can this be done vice the normal box?

Thanks
Angelo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks