What's new

IB question (1 Viewer)

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
Using LspCAD and other programs to plot the response of a Tempest sub in an IB they tell me that the response is a about 6 db down at 20 hz but yet when you go to the Klone audio web page and go to shiva IB white paper specs it says that a shiva sub is about 6 db down at 10 hz and since Tempest has a lower FS than shiva it should probably go even deeper. What goes on here!
Dave

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Oops...you've stumbled on the dirty little secret of the "Cult of the Infinitely Baffled"
eek.gif

I'm reasonably sure it's just a typo in the white paper, but until you build an IB you won't really know for sure
biggrin.gif

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The IB paper actually gives the f8, not the f6, and it gives
the in-room f8 as 10Hz. This shouldn't be compared to the anechoic result from the Tempest. I wouldn't read to much into it, Adire appears to apply the maximum theoretical room gain in the models, which might be optimistic in most rooms. Regardless, you'd get lots of deep bass, certainly of the house-shaking variety.
[Edited last by Jack Gilvey on July 25, 2001 at 07:40 AM]

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
David
An IB will indeed shake down the house. When we did CLIO sine sweeps of my 2 IB's, the entire brick house was resonating quite loudly at 16Hz. Then at 25-30Hz everything on all the shelves was shaking. It was most disconcerting :)
Jack is correct the F8 is predicted to be 10Hz with the addition of room gain.
[Edited last by ThomasW on July 25, 2001 at 01:53 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks