What's new

IB pics (1 Viewer)

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a link to a couple pics of my latest sub project.link

This was a great project that only took a few days. It was quite a bit easier that my Shiva and all the wood work that entailed.

I'm very pleased with its performance and would recommend that anyone with an unused space give it a try.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Looks like a nice Job Mike! How does it sound compared to the Shiva?

It looks like its on the back wall, does that have any negative effects on the sound (like is it too easy to localize, etc.)?

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Actually the sub is located on the side wall about
3 feet from the corner near the left front speaker. In this location it is very difficult to localize.

Its sound is different than the Shiva. It is a little more defined and with better extension and output. It is equally adept at music and movies. While viewing DVDs I use both the IB and Shiva which gives me plenty of headroom. The best part is that it takes up no floor space thus nearly invisible in the theater room.

I did have to nail and glue down the sheetrock under the stairs to cut down an audible wall vibrations. I even had to place weather strip around the door to prevent it from vibrating wildly.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Nice job, Mike. As usual with a well-done IB, top-echelon performance with a (quite) modest outlay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks