What's new

IB in equipment room (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Theoretical question, would it be ok to have a dual purpose room being the equipment room where all the backs of the components face (out a hole into the main room) and also have an IB in the same room, would the IB do any "damage" to the other electronics, or would it be a perfectly good thing to do?

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
I'd be happy to answer your questions as well as voice my concerns about this setup, but first I would like to ask you to remove that most vulgar obscenity from your signature. Its certainly not appropriate here and I'm quite surprised that you would think it would be.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
woaa. I don't know where that's coming from. You've been on this forum for 4 years, so you obviously know swearing is allowed as long as it's not in excess.
Plus, if you've seen Wedding crashers, you'll know that that is one of the funniest lines in the movie, and the swearing is key to making it so funny.
But, if others also voice their opinion that my sig is completely inapropriate, i will reluctantly change it.

As to my oringal post. This is just theoretical, I have no intention of making an IB (at this time) I'm just gathering info for the future.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Won't be a problem. In fact, I saw a posting over at Home Theater Talk yesterday where a guy built a shelf on top of his IB manifold to hold equipment that makes noise. The type with fans or hard drives.

-Robert

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Philip. Unless you rig a really tough door (plexiglass, or something that hides the equipment) that seals air tight to the wall that won't work very well.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Peter,
Placing that particular word in your signature, so that it appears in every post you've ever made, could be considered excessive.

I just figured it never hurts to ask.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
So long as you built a cabinate to surround the gear to seal it off from the other room it would work perfectly fine. My IB install was pretty much identical to this concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks