I wonder how long that wait list is?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenK, Mar 2, 2002.

1. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

For the 950 that is.

From what I gather, it's pretty damn long. I wonder if I were to put my name on it now, how long would it be AFTER the 950 is released for me to get it.

Anybody got any clues. I could ask Outlaw, but I have a feeling they are too busy trying to get the 950 ready to ship.

BTW...it doesn't look like I have choice but to wait anyways...I don't see any other 6.1, 7.1 pre/pro for under $1000. Why the hell is that?

2. Grahame

Grahame Extra

I am in the same boat as you Steve. Only recently (last week) did I decide to get on the list. From what I have read from Outlaw and others here, I won't receive (if I order) until late April, early May. This is okay for me because I am not done school until then. Best thing is to put yourself on the list now - if you decide not to buy later, you don't have to -there is NO commitment. What I don't know is that by reserving now if you secure the $899 price (Outlaw says it might go up). Also, when you get a response from Outlaw confirming your reservation (when they start shipping) you have 15 (or 10?) days to decide if you want to commit or not. Maybe during that time, you can get a hold of some reviews from people who already have received theirs. Expect to wait until at least late April.

I have never ordered anything off the internet expect my Hard Boiled Criterion. A salesman at a local A/V store tried to convince me to be warry of companies who only sell over the internet and ttempted to persuade me to consider equipment he had in the store. I tried not to scream in his face (he obviously knew nothing about the quality of Outlaw products as per the reviews - and their reputation as excellent entreprenuers). I live in Canada so not only do I have to multiply that $899 by 1.6, I also will incure an extra $75-$100 dollars for shipping -luckily I have a mail box in Michigan. Outlaw claims to keep their price down by selling directly to consumers and avoiding the brick and mortar stores that would increase price 25%. From what I understand the process removes the wholesaler's cost from the price of the unit.

Grahame Brown

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Funny, how we all know what the component is without it even being mentioned in the title... [​IMG]
    I wonder the same thing. I am in the boat that's wants a 950, but I want to wait for rev 1.1 of the hardware/software. In other words, about 6 months after the 1st units ship. I'm beginning to wonder though, even if I put my name on the list now, if I'd get it in 6 months... [​IMG]