What's new

I wish there were SACDs or DVD-As of Christian music... (1 Viewer)

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
I'm probably in the minority here, but I wish I could justify buying a SACD player or use the DVD-A capabilities of my RP82. I realize that the actual musical talent is not so great in Christian music (other than the vocalists), but there are some bands that would be truly amazing in some kind of high def audio format. I enjoy Dave Mathews Band because of their sheer talent. One band I would really like to see is Switchfoot. If anyone has seen A Walk to Remember, they are featured many times throughout the movie. That song that Mandy Moore sings was done by them. Check out "Love is a Movement" for a display of their talent. Does anyone else here listen to this stuff, or am I the only one?

Joe

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Have you checked out any of the albums by Aaron Neville? He has two out on DVD-A, Devotion and his latest Believe. Other then that though, there really is not too much in the way of religious oriented music in Hi-res. My guess is if either format ever takes off, you will see some more then, but with the overall sales being as miniscule as they are with mainstream acts, Christian recordings would probably be a major money loser.

J

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe a Lifehouse of Jars of Clay hi-res CD would fare okay. Can't say that I am a fan of Aaron Neville and I agree that Christian discs wouldn't be nearly as profitable as their secular counterparts. Oh well.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I realize that the actual musical talent is not so great in Christian music (other than the vocalists)
I beg to differ with that point. Phil Keaggy for example is universally recognized by Christians and non-Christians alike as one of the greatest guitarrists on the planet, and for good reason. Bass session man Abe Laboriel is similarly praised, though he definitely does not specialize in so-called "Christian" music. I personally think that the songwriting of Mike Roe of the Seventy Sevens is on par with the best stuff out there. Just a few examples.

And I would love to hear some old early 80s Keaggy on hi-rez. Unfortunately the vinyl that I have is fairly poor quality.

If you are a fan of Sam Phillips, her first two albums are available as 96/24 DADs and they are glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks