I Wish Line Of Fire Was On DVD Or At Least Coming

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, May 30, 2004.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

This was such a great show I loved every minute of it. It was really sad to know this show isn't coming back with that awesome 2 hour finale they had tonight. I hope the DVDs are soon announced because this would be sad it this show coulden't get the DVD treatment it deserves.

2. Jim Beaver

Does anyone think this weill come out? I hope it does as some other recently cancelled shows have hit DVD. Wouild anyone else get this?

3. Kyle**S

Kyle**S Stunt Coordinator

I never got a chance to watch this until the 2-hour finale, and I have to say that it was brilliant; one of the most memorable TV presentations of last season! I downloaded it as soon as it went online, but I couldn't find any earlier episodes to download. I would love to see this series from the beginning, along with the two unaired episodes. ABC really screwed up with this series by putting it a bad time slot with no promotion.

Sadly, I'd guess that it has little chance of a DVD release. It was little watched, and did not have a cult audience. But if it was released, I'd get really excited.

4. Kyle**S

Kyle**S Stunt Coordinator

Just have to add:

Line of Fire was nominated for one Emmy:

Outstanding Dramatic Score for the 2-part finale, "Eminence Front."

LoF certainly did have an excellent score, second only to "Angel" (which of course wasn't nominated cuz it's on the WB). Let's hope LoF wins!

5. Jim Beaver

Dave I take it you haven't heard anything either?

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Sorry, but this is just wrong. It got the NYPD Blue time slot and there was a lot of advertising for it in the weeks before it was on.

I watched this show and enjoyed it, but I don't know if it would make financial sense to release it on DVD. It wasn't on long enough to make much of an impact, and it doesn't have a cult following. The 2 unaired episodes are a selling feature, but the final 2 episodes aired, making this a little less attractive. I know the show is being shopped around, but I don't think there's enough interest for a company to license the rights for a DVD release.

Gord

7. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

The only DVD of this show I know of is the Emmy Nomination DVD that features the pilot episode.

8. Jim Beaver

I wonder if Shout would release it. Miracles and Line of Fire were both on ABC. I just hope it comes sometime.

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The network that aired them is unimportant: NBC aired both Friends and Will & Grace on the same night, but Warner puts out Friends DVDs and Lions Gate puts out W&G, because its the production company that matters.

Fortunately for your idea, both Miracles and LoF have the same production company: Disney's Touchstone. And Disney owns ABC.