What's new

I will never miss carrying around a direct view TV (1 Viewer)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
My roommate and I just carried his new (my old) 32" Toshiba upstairs to the living room. I HATE carrying that thing and will not miss it at all.

In contrast, once we got my new Panny 53WX42 out of the box, moving it into the theater room was a breeze. The room is on the ground floor which helps. But even lifting it up off of the box and up the one step into the house was so EASY. The weight is evenly distributed and there's no huge piece of glass making things awkward. And being on wheels is a plus, too..

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It's always a joy moving my 40-inch Mitsubishi picture tube set, which I'll have to do again the end of next month!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
haha. thats gotta be hell jesse..

i recently had to move my old 37" Mitsu Direct View TV Up and down the stairs TWICE to get it repaird..

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Tough to beat LCD or DLP front-projectors here ... a box that weighs between 3-25 pounds that you can easily pick up and carry across the room...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I would sell mine before moving and buy a new 16x9 afterwards, but the one I want doesn't seem to exist yet.

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
My 32" widescreen TV weighs around 80-90 pounds and my friend and I had to carry it up 3 sets of stairs to get it to my appartment.
So there we are...going up the stairs, me with my back to the stairs when suddenly I trip on a step and land flat on my ass. That wouldn't have been so bad hadn't the corner of the TV hit me squarly in the balls!
If I ever had to lift that TV again it will be too damn soon ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My direct-view WEGA clocks in at 186 pounds, and the stand upon which it is perched adds another 80 pounds to the mix--and it's not on rollers.

I'd like to move it to another wall, but I'd have to make arrangements: Ask a friend over, lift the unit off the stand, move the stand, and then pick the top- and front-heavy WEGA back up and across the room and onto the stand.

The thought of moving to another place sends shudders through me.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 36" Sony Wega and it weighs over 200 pounds. Me and my buddy had to carry it up three flights of stairs. I am still not sure how I am going to get it downstairs when I need to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks