What's new

I will be dropping by more often. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Dave, thanks. And, out of curiosity, who all is on the moderator staff these days? I see that Crawdaddy still is among us, and I think Cees is as well. (Congrats, btw.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave, thanks. And, out of curiosity, who all is on the moderator staff these days? I see that Crawdaddy still is among us, and I think Cees is as well. (Congrats, btw.)

Here ya go, Jack...

1. Adam Gregorich
    Owner, Male, from The Other Washington
  2. Cees Alons
    Moderator, Male, 77
  3. Dave Upton
    Owner, Audiophile, from Houston, TX
  4. DaveF
    Moderator, Male, from Catfisch Cinema
  5. Kevin Collins
    Owner, from The Other Washington, Male, from Seattle, WA
  6. Mike Frezon
    Moderator, 60, from Rensselaer, NY
  7. Robert Crawford
    Moderator, from Michigan
  8. Ronald Epstein
    Founder
  9. Sam Posten
    Moderator, from Aberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ
And Parker Clack (Founder Emeritus) still pokes his head in from time to time...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Mike, that looks like a good crew there -- almost as good as the crew I was on (:)). I have to say that HTF is far more civilized these days. Back in the "Wild West" days of the Internet, it seemed as if an eighth of the threads in After Hours were locked. Now? I see nary a lock anywhere. You guys are doing a great job.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don’t forget the tech savvy Mr. DaveF!

Yikes! The perils of cut/paste!

Fixed! Hope no one else slipped off the clipboard! :laugh:

Thanks, Josh.

Mike, that looks like a good crew there -- almost as good as the crew I was on (:)). I have to say that HTF is far more civilized these days. Back in the "Wild West" days of the Internet, it seemed as if an eighth of the threads in After Hours were locked. Now? I see nary a lock anywhere. You guys are doing a great job.

I'd say times are a bit different, Jack. The "no politics/religion" rule has never been more important. We have shown a few members the door for failing to comply.

And I'd go as far to say that the membership has mellowed a bit as it has aged. :laugh:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I'd say times are a bit different, Jack. The "no politics/religion" rule has never been more important. We have shown a few members the door for failing to comply.

And I'd go as far to say that the membership has mellowed a bit as it has aged. :laugh:

I'm actually glad we have that rule here-- we don't need the flame wars!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know, I don't really recall any flame wars, though a few tempers flared here and there. Mostly, people blundered when it came to the politics/religion edict. And there were would-be trolls galore in the early days.

Even when I was a moderator, a fellow admin shut down one of my threads, when I was taking on a now-defunct home-theater magazine for one of its editors' remarks about Internet home-theater commentary. And that admin was right.

Those were crazy but fun days.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
You know, I don't really recall any flame wars, though a few tempers flared here and there.

That's true enough; what I meant, however, is that we don't need any in the future; this is a remarkably lively forum on which to post, and I'm not sure I would want to see it succumb.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I'm sure you recall, but the Internet really did feel like the "Wild West" in those days. But you mentioned spammers. How are they proving disruptive these days?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Welcome back Jack. Long time no read. If you really want an impassioned discussion going just say “Han shot first.” :rolleyes:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just what you'd think...dozens & dozens & dozens--daily--trying to insinuate their personal brand of marketing into our system.
I can’t count the number of them that I report while I’m perusing the Forum at 2AM before leaving for work.
Welcome back Jack!!!! :welcome: It’s great to see you here again.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Just what you'd think...dozens & dozens & dozens--daily--trying to insinuate their personal brand of marketing into our system.
And they're getting sneakier. They make in-context posts that are fairly innocuous. But their profile has a link to some Amazon-affiliate site.

Or, one I just saw, they make a post that sounds like it's from a human. And then a day later -- presumably after anyone has done a sanity check on it being spam -- edit the post to add a new link to a spam site.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Unless Cees or Crawdaddy have examples to contradict me, I do not recall ever having to deal with that sort of spamming during my days as a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks