What's new

I will be demoing speakers tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I am picking them up FIRST thing Sunday morning, also the day before, Directv is installing my HDTV for my new Panasonic 700 projector (which I will be setting up this week), as you can imagine, Sunday will be a very fun day......:D

Derek N

Agent

Funny and oh so true! If you are at all on the anal side you will want to savor each box, read documents individually and then comes the physical set-up and the cabling. A clean and neat routing is a must,(I am sure others do this but I also take great pains to route power and signal cables as far away from each other as possible.) Then comes the AVIA/Digital Essentials video and audio calibration! Then you will be in a rush to demo all your favorite scenes in rapid succession.

Then MONDAY you can put in one of your favorite movies and revel in your new purchase!

Have fun! And enjoy the three days until you start thinking of what else you can add to it!

Derek N

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
:) I might actually do things different when the time comes, but I will probably be anxious to see what all my new equipment can do, prior to full calibration.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
The store just called me and told me that the color of the speakers that I want is back ordered until May 1. So now my choices re to either get a different color or wait for 2 more weeks.

What do you think? :frowning:

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure you get the color you want. 2 more weeks ain't gonna hurt to get it done right. You'll have your hands full with that new projector anyway!:D

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I agree....if you really want that color, you'll be glad you waited. I know it sucks in the meantime cause you are excited. I think all of us know that feeling very well!

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
I also agree. Get the ones you really want. Like Alan said, it does suck, but just think about how they will look when they are in your room, the way you wanted them. I say wait as well. It will pass quickly enough.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
:) I did decide to wait, I called the store up and told them to order the original color. The time frame is not that bad either, it is only one additional week. Because I am so anxious, I just wanted it "right now" :D

The original color I ordered was the Rosemah, and it is beautiful and will go perfectly with the color of my basement.

As for the projector, it is kind of a tease, I will have the projector set up but can't do anything with it. Because I won't have speakers I can't listen to my HD and because I need to pick up the dvd player at the same time I pick up the speakers I can't run Avia. :frowning:

Patience....must show patience :)

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Patience is sometimes hard in this area. You get so close and then bam, you have to wait a little more. I have gone through it. I still go through it. I have to wait an extra month before I can get my CD player because I want balanced cables. I want to get it right the first time. The days will go quick. Then, the real fun begins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks