I went to work by mistake!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This week is my week to work the early shift from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. I've been on vacation for the past 2 weeks. I dutifully go to bed early last night, wake up around 5 a.m. and go to work.

I come in and check the holiday schedule, and yep, you guessed it, my company is taking 12/31/01 off as well as 1/1/02 off. Doh!

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Patrick, I must say that I have never made this mistake. Nor have I ever forgotten when payday is or how many days until Friday. Maybe you like your job better than I like mine. [​IMG]

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

[​IMG] I did the same thing last Wednesday. Normally, I have Monday and Tuesday off. Last Tuesday, Christmas, was a paid holiday for me so I had Wednesday off instead. I must have been on automatic pilot or something because when Wednesday rolled around, I went to work! Duh...

4. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Something like this happened to me at college before. Showed up one monday and wondered why nobody was on campus, then I realized it was spring break!

Jeff

5. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Damn, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I went to work on X-mas eve (last Monday) because I thought that we had off the 25th and 26th (I better read the schedule a little more clearly next time). I have a 40 minute commute to work. Let's just say I felt like an idiot when I got there and the parking lot was empty. I checked inside just to make sure everyone just wasn't taking the day off on vacation and that it really was a holiday. All the lights were out, so that answered my question.

My family (and even worse, my girlfriend's family) really haven't given up ribbing me on this one! :b

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Funny, because I called into work twice (yesterday and today) to find out if I was going to work or not.

7. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Look at the bright side, you got the day off. [​IMG]
    Jon

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Exactly, Jon. It could be much worse if it were the other way around. [​IMG]
    Enjoy your day off!

9. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well, many a time I have awakened with a start and bolted out of bed to get ready for work--only to remember that is either a Saturday or a holiday.

10. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    This has never, ever happened to me. Nothing even close to it.

11. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Me, either. It's never happened to me! [​IMG]

12. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

When I was in High school, I went to a private school (Moeller in Cincinnati), they almost never closed for snow days
    one night we got about 8 inches of snow so I turn on the radio and listen to school closings, nothing.
    I get in my car, pick up the other kid that I took to school (he had not heard anyting either) and drive to school just to find out it is closed, I was not the only one!!
    I have awakened in panic on some holidays in the past thinking I was late for work, but then realised that it was a holiday so I could sleep some more [​IMG]