I went to one "boss" backyard party Saturday night

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Zen Butler, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    At least for this region, these are legend of the late 70's and early 80's. A band, a keg, cherry incense, black lights, smell of herb in the air and the phrase "the cops are here."
    I stepped into a time warp on Saturday night.

I did receive a formal invite via cellular but entered from the side gate of the house. The front door went unanswered. Only thing missing, was an older brother at the gate on a barstool collecting my $2 to enter. To the left was some band pounding out X's "White Girl." A packed backyard complete with pool, jacuzzi, a separate bar, and adults of many ages. We 30-somethings, were the majority though.

Sure, the overgrown grass, dirt patches, Meister-brau keg and cheap lounge chairs were substituted with upgraded surroundings.

Far out man, this was a real throwback with better beer, better munchies, better herb and more responsible behavior.

The bands kept the spirit, by crappily playing tunes from the era. An absolutely humorous rendition of Eddie Van Halen's "Eruption" was played and was a perfect cap on the night.

Are these type of parties going on elsewhere?
    What are your memories?

Most fun I have had in years.

2. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Sounds like fun. Definitely something I'd go to. I'm not really one to ask about what types of parties are thrown, because I've never been to one. The closest experience I've had was getting drunk at a bar with my cousin that had a house band and having 2 hot girls dance crazy and stuff with each other for us. They ended up giving us a ride home because we walked there.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

awesome zen!

reminds me of my all-time fave college party.

we were at somebody's house (god knows who) and just havin' a blast. i was riding high, feelin' no pain, and just havin' a great time.

it was the middle of winter and the house was damn cold. no heater i guess. somebody had the *brilliant* idea of breaking some of the furnite and putting it into the fireplace. of course! why didn't i think of that. so half of us proceed to jump on some furniture, break it into pieces and light a fire. yes, everyone cheered and i was officially cool for the night.

at some point, apparantly two rival gangs decided to show up. of course, the rest of the story is obvious. they start throwin' down and the only phone is on the opposite end of the living room. everyone is screamin' and running all over the place. my buddy and i decide to make a run for it, and try to get to the phone to call 911. as we're running i hear my friend yell "ow" or "f**k" or some other expletive - turns out he got hit on the head with a flying bottle.

we make it to the phone, and thank god there's a dial tone. i dial 911, but with all the screaming, i can't hear the operator. i say something like, "there's a really big fight going on here, but i don't know where i'm at!". i couldn't hear the operator, so i just close with a mind-numbingly brilliant statment like, "can you send the police?" and hang up the phone.

finally some cops showed up (yes, with the obligatory, "here comes the cops!"), got things under control and kicked everyone out. well, almost all of us. a few of us stayed with the homeowner (who i still didn't know, but was pretty cool) and helped clean up the place. we ended up staying there the whole night, just hangin' out, mellowing down, and chattin' the night away.

good times i tell ya! good times!

4. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    The only party I remember was back in the mid-80's. Picture, if you will, the party scene in "Weird Science" (w/o Kelly [​IMG] ).

This party was during my brothers sophomore year at a public HS. A small party was his intention but the flyers he passed out to his friends got dupped 100 fold and ended up at a second HS. My parents were on vacation for the week.

I was out to dinner with my now wife and about 9pm when I came home, I called the cops. Mainly due to the the 400+ people that lined the street, backyard and house. Three cops cars arrived and had to pull out and wait for back-up. The patty wagon showed, police helicopter over head and roughly 7 patrol cars. There were a few fights, some minor property damage and lots of peeing on neighbors houses and property.

All-n-all, no one was hurt or went into the wagon and the house cleaned up well. Although my parents found out via all the neighbors. My bro was busted to the extreme.

All I will remember is the visual of 100s of people in the street from curb to curb.

5. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

That sounds like something my cousin do Ron-P. He used to live with me me when we went to high school, and my house is the perfect place for a huge party, with a big yard and a pool. Luckily he never did that, though he was into that scene big time. Now he just stays home and drinks till he passes out.