I went to Nintendo's Cube Club

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Seaman, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

...and it was awesome. I went last night, which was a Thursday, so the crowds were much smaller than I'd assume they'd be on the weekend.
    Great club atmosphere; there was techno blaring in the background as we all played new Gamecube games on platinum cubes that were hooked to Panasonic HDTVs with a bunch of free Snapple to drink. [​IMG]
    I played about everything I could. The Legend of Zelda looks and plays awesome, a game I cannot wait for, but... Metroid Prime [​IMG] Holy Crap, I didn't think this game would be this good. I know it may be too soon to call it "Game of the Year" but this will be a strong contender. Wow. Wow. Wow.
    There was alot of people always playing Metroid Prime as well as Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. When I finally got the chance to check this out for a few minutes, I was surprisingly impressed. I didn't know any combos or special moves, so most of my time was just punch, punch, kick, kick trying to figure a few out. One really awesome aspect of the game is the ability to change your fighting stance by pressing the L button. This will definitely add some depth to the new Mortal Kombat. One negative thing i noticed in the short time I played the game was the controls seemed a little slow and unresponsive. When I played my first game, someone kept freezing me as Sub-Zero. I felt that my character was too slow in putting up his guard which led me to getting frozen many times. :b Hopefully this won't be an issue and it probably would just take a little time for me to get used to it.
    Resident Evil 0 looked great, but I didn't get a chance to play it. The real-time cut scenes looked very good and realistic.
    The new James Bond was pretty fun. Similar to the one released before, and lots of various missions which range from driving, first-person, sniper shooting from a moving car, etc.
    Metroid Fusion also looked great, very similar in style to Super Metroid. I will be buying this game.
    There was much more to play, but those were a few points that stood out in my mind.
    Has anyone else been to the Cube Clubs?

2. Christopher_H

Christopher_H Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check it out when it comes to San Francisco. Did you have to pay anything to go?

3. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

4. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

There was a thread that popped up about this not too long ago. You'll find my thoughts on several games, including Metroid Prime there. I agree with you that it is going to be one killer app this Christmas. Nintendo and Retro deserve this game to be a smash success.

5. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

Hmm...it appears that they're adding more games as the tour progresses. I went here in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, and they didn't have MK[​IMG]A or RE0 there...

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Jason;

When I visited, they had both of those games present. Did you go during one of the family friendly days? If you did, they removed the rated M games from the kiosks.

7. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit